Appealing decision

Carra_Rud
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I will try to be as brief as possible. I sold a perfectly working used item back in January on eBay but after over 40 days the buyer claimed it wasn't working properly. He began a case and PayPal fell on the side of the buyer. I was told the buyer would be returning the item back to me and when I received it I should say so on the open case on my account. I have not received item back to me but had email from PayPal saying because I hadn't contacted them they've decided to refund the amount to the buyer. So the buyer gets his money back but I get no returned item. Not only is that totally unacceptable and unfair but I doubt its even legal. Can anybody help?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Carra_Rud, We're sorry to know that the case was not in your favor. In PayPal's dispute process, we would always aim to be fair and just with both parties. We send nunerous emails to notify you, however, if PayPal did not received any response to refute the Buyer's claim, we will close the case in Buyer's Favor. This process is followed in this type of financial industry. We follow the same rules set by the banking industry that once a Merchant did not respond, we will assume that you will take liability of the claim. I hate to break this bad news but apparently, we will not  be able to appeal the case anymore. Stay Safe. 

Login to Me Too

Carra_Rud
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I did respond to every single request, question and email. The only thing I didn't respond to was when I received the item back. I didn't respond because I didn't receive it and STILL haven't received it. That is unacceptable as the buyer has received his refund from me but I still haven't been able to verify whether it is faulty! Regards
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.