Appealing a Dispute decision.

Jayes19877
Contributor
Contributor
Okay, so here's my unfortunate situation. I have received all three of the Stimulus Payments direct deposit to my PayPal account. Along with an additional Stimulus for a dear friend of mine. As far as relieving the EIP's from the IRS all is good and dandy. No issues no delays no bs. Now come our Third Payment, I log into my account a couple of weeks ago and discover that my stepson had hacked his way into my account and took it upon himself to transfer the payments onto a card of his that was and had been linked to my account for months but had never actually been used for anything. So I immediately file a dispute, take his card off my account, change my password and so forth. PayPal decided that I was aware of the transfer and it was not unauthorized or fraudulent. Which is untrue. So I am trying to appeal but the supposed appeal button or link whatever doesn't seem to actually exist for me. So what are the next steps I should take? How do I contact an actual human employee at PayPal to file my appeal? How can they just conclude it wasn't unauthorized? Anyway bottom line is can somebody please help me figure out how to get a goddamn appeal sooner than later. Thank you guys
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jayes19877 

Paypal doesn't cover you for all transactions that are unauthorised if they think the responsibility of being hacked was down to you.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#unauthorized-transactions

What is not considered an Unauthorized Transaction

The following are NOT considered Unauthorized Transactions:

• If you give someone access to your PayPal account (by giving them your login information) and they use your PayPal account without your knowledge or permission. You are responsible for transactions made in this situation.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.