Appealing a Dispute Decision

eminibadov
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased two boxes of surgical masks for my wife who is a healthcare provider. Once I knew the item is being shipped from China, due to extended delivery time, I tried to cancel the order but the seller was not responding, so I opened a dispute case few hours after the order to cancel the shipment and recover my money. PayPal gave a chance to the seller to respond. The seller seeing my desire to cancel went ahead and shipped the mail. The mail arrived, it was a tiny envelope with the same tracking info the seller added under the dispute. Instead of two boxes of surgical masks, the mail included 1 fidget spinner toy in metal rusted box. After opening the mail I escalated the case and included the detailed description of the scam. To my surprise, PayPal closed the case today in favor of the seller just because the tracking shows the item was delivered to me, ignoring the fact that the seller shipped an old toy instead of facemasks. How this can be fixed? Resolved by PayPal
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

LiamCaleb1528
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @eminibadov 

It's a good thing that you managed to notify us about this. To give you a fair share, you could appeal the case along with the information to support the claim. Please check this article for reference: https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/can-i-appeal-paypal%E2%80%99s- decision-on-my-case-faq2050?app=searchAutoComplete

Hope this will help you, stay safe now and God Bless!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17
Solved

LiamCaleb1528
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @eminibadov 

It's a good thing that you managed to notify us about this. To give you a fair share, you could appeal the case along with the information to support the claim. Please check this article for reference: https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/can-i-appeal-paypal%E2%80%99s- decision-on-my-case-faq2050?app=searchAutoComplete

Hope this will help you, stay safe now and God Bless!

Login to Me Too

Mestr
Contributor
Contributor

Link is no longer working. I am having the same issue and I cannot send a message or call PayPal. I feel robbed!

Login to Me Too

Eaglelover

I am basically having the same problem.  None of their links they give you ever work.  They gave me an expedited email address to send more ifo they requested to support my case that I never received a package from the seller yet he gave them a fraudulent UPS tracking number showing “ a package “ was delivered, not even to my address and they denied my claim.  I might have to get my attorney involved now. 

Login to Me Too

eastbaylinda

Me too. Same issue. Help Center and Resolution Center just sending me in circles. Boycotting Paypal

Login to Me Too

eastbaylinda

What's that email address?!

Login to Me Too

anjrhubb
Contributor
Contributor

This is extremely frustrating!  I feel like Paypal is denying evidence and claims in order to keep our money!  My Facebook Ads Account was hacked.  It clearly shows on the Paypal transaction that the email that's receiving the payment is not a Facebook email address that has been used in the past for my ad charges.  It clearly shows a foreign entity.  I even submitted my Facebook Claim Number.  They pretty much said, because you have used Paypal in the past to pay for your Facebook ads, this charge is valid, refusing to do any research!  Normally, I would go directly to my bank for the dispute but there was a Paypal balance that was used in addition to money taken out of my bank account.  I want ALL of money back!  I have tried to contact Paypal to see if my appeal was received because I don't see the appeal on my account and I never received a confirmation after I sent the appeal to the claims appeal email.  I, too, may need to get an attorney involved!

Login to Me Too

YL666
Contributor
Contributor

Same situation here. I ordered something online three months ago but never received it. I lodged the claim, then the seller provided a tracking number. I tracked it, there was no history under the tracking number even that was 1-2 months after my purchase. Then PayPal made the decision to deny my claim because the seller provided a "valid tracking information". When I checked the tracking number again today, there was a very unclear tracking only shows a few activities in China, but no any tracking information in Australian except a final record "delivered to AU3072", which is 100% a fraudulent tracking and doesn't even match the postcode of my address. I don't know how they made the decision just according to this 100% fraudulent tracking. I want to appeal the decision under their "instruction", but I can't even find the "Appeal this decision" in the case detail page, there is no way to appeal. They just don't care about your loss at all. So disappointed!!!

Login to Me Too

XoXo7610
This link is just like the APPEAL button non existent, imaginary. SHAME on you for providing false hope most importantly FALSE information. Especially on our COMMUNITY "HELP" platform. We are all here to assist and support one another with are knowledge, own experiences, and something obviously foreign to you the TRUTH!!! BOLD FACE LIAR.
Login to Me Too

zacnmic
New Community Member

Did this really get solved, or did Paypal just say it is solved?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.