Appealing Paypal Dispute Decision

LyndaBear
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered flowers for a friend who is an ITU nurse to cheer her up and they were delivered to my home the next day instead of hers. I refused the delivery as I am self-isolating and couldn't deliver them.

The E florist wasn't much help so I have opened a case and paypal have refused it saying it was delivered. How do I appeal this and contact them, agents always offline in message centre and when I go on the dispute their is no appeal the outcome section.

Any help appreciated it wasn't cheap to send and I want to send my friend a gift she is having a hard time at work during this crisis.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @LyndaBear 

I must say that your course of action to cheer your friend up is so sweet and I am sorry that it didn't happen as planned.

1. Is this transaction incorporated with an online tracking number? If yes, can you please check the status of the delivery if it will show you "Delivered" or "Returned to the sender" using www.17track.net

2. If delivered, then who was the shipping company? If it was not the E florist themselves, then you may want to contact the shipping company they used to deliver the flower and question them as to why the parcel shows "Delivered" wherein fact you refused to receive it. If you will be able to get something in writing or any form of stationary that will prove that the item was refused, that would be great, so you can file an appeal along with this evidence by contacting Customer Service.

• If E florist used their own courier then you have to check the transaction in your PayPal Activity page and see what is the address indicated therein.
  • In the event that it was your friend's, you can file an appeal to re-review your case by contacting Customer Service.
  • However, if the address is yours, then my vast regret to inform you that by appealing on this case might result to the same decision.

3. If the status shows, returned to the seller, file an appeal by contacting Customer service.

• To contact Customer service, please click Help & Contact near bottom of the PayPal pages to see some options available for you to get ahold of a representative.

4. If above suggestions still didn't work for you, you may also want to consider contacting your bank or card issue (if the transaction was not funded by your PayPal balance) to discuss possible resolutions they might have to offer.

***If you saw a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.