Appeal

daws07
Contributor
Contributor

Hey All.

just spent ages trying to get to the make an appeal in the resolution centre but no luck with it. The instructions state to go to the res center, click the closed case and select appeal from the drop down.  What dropdown? The only one I get is to the right but it does not have any appeal option or anything really?

Not the best way to start the day when being told your a liar without any explanation. Maybe I just close my account and struggle without PayPal?

Sorry rant over thanks for any help you come up with.

Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

JimmyK4

I had the exact same issue. (There is no Appeal button).  I was bounced around between 5 -10 customer service reps who kept giving me the exact same instructions

1. Log in to your PayPal account.

2. Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account,' click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Center.

3. Select Closed cases in the drop down menu and find the claim you wish to view.

4. Click Appeal in the action column.

5. Provide information for your appeal and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note: The Appeal button will only be available for 10 days after case closure.

I even had one person tell me that I was supposed to wait AFTER the 10 days to file an appeal. I do not use social media, and have tried calling a few times now, but no-one is available to help.

Please let us know if contacting your bank helps, as I will do the same and contact my bank.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Eaglelover

I am just going through the same thing all you guys are saying.  I did get several people on the phone who told me , no problem, just send in the additional documentation, gave me an expedited email address that didn’t work!!! I have had to do all my investigation that shows I did not receive the item and then I get a Denied Claim email. Took the sellers scammy word for it although UPS sent me documentation stating it was NOT delivered to me .  About to contact an attorney as my last resort.

Login to Me Too

jubug13
New Community Member

I too am having the same issue.  I have no option to appeal a case that was closed a few days ago.  I've been asking the agents via the message center, but they don't take ownership, and instead lose context of the previous messages before them.  It's a circus.

Login to Me Too

jschumacher
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue with a fraudulent sale from China. The case was just decided against me because they said I didn't provide return tracking for the fraudulent item, even though I did and it's visible in the Resolution Center. I think you have to go through the Message Center, ask to talk to an agent, and start a conversation to appeal. I think they make it hard so they hope people will lose interest because the reality is that they don't want to refund the money, which might be at their expense if the transfer has already been processed. It's a completely immoral business practice so if it doesn't get resolved I will be filing a formal complaint with the FTC and the Better Business Bureau.

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0020-shopping-online#fraud

Login to Me Too

Pinkpinkpink
Contributor
Contributor
We need to stand all if us against this **bleep**. People is not supporting us at all. No calls. No appealing
Login to Me Too

RCbr20

Having no customer service support is criminal. Absolutely disgusting - very happy to take all our fees but not happy to help us against fraudsters.

Login to Me Too

AlsoAlsoScammed
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, we are all not crazy.  PayPal's help section states there is an Appeal button but none (at least currently) exists.  Maybe one did exist at one time since it is clearly written in the Help section with instructions.  At any rate, I tried contacting someone through the virtual agent and after about 3 hours I decided to call and had to wait 45 minutes before I spoke to a real person.  I was in the right and had proof from FedEx that my package was delivered to a different person at a different address, and the weight of the package didn't even make sense; so, I was no way going to give up.  I eventually won my case that originally favored the seller.  It was very frustrating and time consuming and they wanted me to fill out an intranet form from FedEx stating the details and then email PayPal.  Instead of that, I made a three-way call to FedEx, with PayPal being the third party, which settled things then and there on the phone.  Good luck to everyone and watch out for scam websites!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.