Appeal

Froggiestarz
Contributor
Contributor
I wanted to know how I can go about appealing a closed case on a transaction.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Maengles
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @Froggiestarz

You may have it requested via Resolution Center or login to your PayPal account and go to Message Center and go to Chat Support option to get a hold of a customer service representative to pull up your account real time.

Thank you. 

Login to Me Too

J_kylerinrico
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Froggiestarz. Thank you for letting us know of your concern. If you're not happy with the outcome of your case, we encourage you to reach out to the seller to reach an agreement or resolution. Most sellers aim to satisfy their buyers. PayPal's decisions are final, but if you have additional information that we haven't reviewed or if there's been a mistake in the processing of the case you can contact us via chat. Here is how it works. You must login to your PayPal account and go to your Message Center wherein you can find the Chat Support option in which you can interact with our customer service representative as they have the capacity to view your account. If you prefer to email us,you may visit our website and below our page there is an option "Contact Us" please click that and you will be routed to 'Contact Customer Service' page, from the options shown click Email us, then select a topic and subtopic before typing your message. There should also be available option to connect to a live chat agent. If it's still no response, then let's wait until our phone line becomes available. Thank you for your patience. I hope this helps. Stay healthy and safe. ***** Simple appreciation of my reply would mean clicking the like sign below. Thank you. 😊
Login to Me Too

rwatson100
New Community Member

I appealed a case to Paypal regarding a merchant who charged me more than I agreed to in the transaction with no explanation as to why.  I truly believe this was fraudulent.  Paypal closed the case saying that the transaction was not unauthorized and said contact the merchant.  I have contacted the merchant several times with no response and I have not received my product.

Paypal also sent me a USPS Tracking number provided by the merchant that when I clicked it,  it said the item was delivered to my address and placed on the porch.  That did not happen and when I contacted the local Post Office they stated the tracking number was for a deliver to another address.

I have tried to appeal but Paypal won't let it go above a closed case.

What now?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rwatson100 

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction.

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.
They may decline citing policies but if you say you made a mistake then they might open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.