Appeal

daws07
Contributor
Contributor

Hey All.

just spent ages trying to get to the make an appeal in the resolution centre but no luck with it. The instructions state to go to the res center, click the closed case and select appeal from the drop down.  What dropdown? The only one I get is to the right but it does not have any appeal option or anything really?

Not the best way to start the day when being told your a liar without any explanation. Maybe I just close my account and struggle without PayPal?

Sorry rant over thanks for any help you come up with.

Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

rrickers
Contributor
Contributor

There is no customer service phone number. I did send them a facebook message. I am not finding anything online to appeal once your case is closed. This almost seems like a scam itself!!

Login to Me Too

cluelessinUS
Contributor
Contributor
You have to stay vigilant... the “virtual assistant” will ultimately give you a “real person”.. you just have to make sure that you don’t “close out” the chat. You have to respond , every time they respond... or it closes... you have to take SS’s and pictures of everything, having to do with your purchase and receipt / or no receipt of product. I had 2 cases in resolution, which each took about 2-3 months. I finally “won the case”, when I mentioned, that if they participated in paying part of the return shipping, they would also be “victims of fraud, but if they denied me a refund, after all of the submitted proof, they would be complicit in the fraud. At that point they reopened, and refunded the original amount. It’s a frustrating procedure, and PP seems to favor the merchants . Good luck! And stay diligent.. make SS / pics of every part of your transaction.. meet all deadlines given by PP.
Login to Me Too

DONMILLERX
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue. 

If PayPal doesn't help against fraud then it's useless and a SCAM website too. 

Login to Me Too

rrickers
Contributor
Contributor

After jumping through all of their hoops, I finally got a full refund. I was not quiet about it to PayPal but they finally made it right1

Login to Me Too

mikeyboy2
Contributor
Contributor

Followed the instructions in the approved solution but there's no phone number I can see. Just going round in circles. I appreciate due to Covid19 the phone might be unavailable but the appeal button doesn't exist and the virtual assistant is useless.

Login to Me Too

Cyrel
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here, I have just received an email about losing the claim and I am extremely frustrated with PayPal right now, I have been trying to get find any way to appeal before this "10 day period" to appeal and it really seems like I will not be able to appeal this claim. I am scared that once this "10 day period" surpasses I will not be able to appeal and forever losing my funds. 

Login to Me Too

DmitriS

Just go to the "Help Centre" and write, “I need to talk to an agent” to a virtual agent. You will be connected to a real person.

Login to Me Too

Amarie1
Contributor
Contributor

There is not an appeal option in my case either, because of COVID the CS support center is closed...Ive been trying to message chat with someone but the keep telling me to appeal...which is not available!!!

Login to Me Too

Louiseg911
Contributor
Contributor

Why is Paypal allowing this?? They are supposed to be helping it's customers.

I am working at home, so Covid-19 is no excuse for bad customer service!

Login to Me Too

Cyrel
Contributor
Contributor

It ended with me having to resort this poorly investigated case on my own because essentially PayPal's poor customer service + a pandemic = to no way to dispute a decision PayPal has had on your claim. it seemed as if they don't want you to dispute their decisions, I understand COVID made it difficult but at least let it so that I would be able to talk to someone. I ended up contacting my bank about this and am still in the deciding stage now, it's a shame that it had to go to this stage but there should be no reason for me to lose a claim where I paid for a product which didn't even get to the paid address... I'm just sitting here without my money nor purchased product and to top that off, it is near damn impossible to get in touch with an actual person on PayPal. A bit of a shame honestly.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.