Appeal, scam, fraud, item not received

southsam7
Contributor
Contributor
I didn't receive an item. I opened a case and PayPal ruled against me and for the scam seller. I've tried calling but PayPal doesn't answer the phone. I have doorbell cameras which show nothing was delivered. How do I appeal?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@southsam7 

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment or that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page), via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

southsam7
Contributor
Contributor
It came from China, and the shipper was supposedly China post. I'm surprised PayPal "buyer protection" is so difficult to invoke. And like I said earlier, PayPal telephone support is not available at this time. I guess I'll reach out to China post. I wish I spoke Mandarin.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@southsam7 

Your welcome.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

southsam7
Contributor
Contributor
As i suspected, @askpaypal was unresponsive, and the seller only has an email address and again they were unresponsive, so I don't know how I would get shipping proof/receipt/tracking for PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.