Appeal button?

onhold2
New Community Member

Where is this?

You can appeal the outcome of this case if you have new information which was not considered during the original investigation. If you would like to appeal the outcome of a claim, you can do so within 10 days of case closure by following these steps:

1. Log in to your account.
  2. Go to the Resolution Center.
  3. Click View next to your case, then click Appeal.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

p4psb
New Community Member

From what I can see from searching the internet everyone who would like to use this button cannot find.

I believe IT DOES NOT EXIST.

So here is a challenge, can anyone find it, or can someone from PayPal point us in the right direction.

Login to Me Too

farmgirl1
New Community Member

There is no Appeal button found on the case when I click on the View button on the closed case line item.  I have had to chat with agents to get a link sent to me so I can upload my notarized affidavit to appeal the (fraudulent) buyer's claim and return of a box containing trash instead of what I sold him.

Login to Me Too

Angi6
Contributor
Contributor
Unbelievable!!! I have just spoken to a customer rep about the so called appeal button that doesn’t exist. I said why can’t I see the appeal button. She said I don’t know. You have got to be kidding me!!!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Angi6 

There hasn't been an appeal button for years, if you want to appeal you can still do so BUT you need to contact customer services to do so.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Angi6
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you! But PayPal is still claiming to have an appeal button. It is so aggravating! I’m not letting this go. I did everything they said to do—did everything right. Been a PayPal customer for over 10 years. This has been so disappointing
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Angi6 

The call centre staff that take the phone calls aren't always the brightest lights in the harbour.

However if you say why you want to appeal maybe we could help?

Only paypal will only accept an appeal IF you have information available that was not available to paypal at the time that they made their initial decision.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Angi6
Contributor
Contributor
Of course I want to appeal. I RE-presented all of the evidence that was already presented upon PayPal request. I spoke with customer service. I have a tracking number that is available and valid. I cannot help that it takes an eternity to get mail to China. I was told PayPal closed my case because I gave them an invalid tracking number. That is a lie!!! The customer service person tracked the package herself while I was on the phone. She said PayPal wants to close cases ASAP so they decided to close my case prematurely—without waiting for my package to get back to China. I spent $121.93 to mail that terrible dress back to China—$121.93!!!!! And the elusive appeal button is no where to be found. Any more advice???
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.