Appeal a dispute decision

Ekm12
New Community Member
I made a purchase using PayPal in September. The item I ordered was delayed due to manufacturer pushing the release back to December. Then coronavirus hit China and my item was delayed again until March. Then March came and I still didn’t have my item. I filed a dispute but it’s been longer than six months. So I am out $179 and I have no item. This doesn’t seem fair. The delays were caused by the virus in China. The seller will not respond to any of my emails. I’ve been trying for weeks to reach them.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @Ekm12

I Hope you're doing well! 

We apologize if this is not covered by PayPal Purchase Protection. I understand that this is quite an amount, i wish we can however same with other card issuer or Payment Processor, by Law, we have a limited time only to be able to reverse a payment and that is transactions within 180 days. Hope this helps! Stay Safe always! 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ekm12 

If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then reach out to your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.