Appeal Resolution Decision

LynsayMc
New Community Member

Hi,

I have searched through similar topics, but found nothing helpful.  Primarily, I am looking for the "Appeal" option in the Resolution Centre, on a decision that was made today (so well inside the 10 days) but it is no there.  There is only "View".  Given that, how do I lodge my appeal.

Secondarily,  my appeal is based on the fact that the decision went in favour of the seller because the items where as described.  I dispute this.

I bought a Grade A Mint Refurbished HTC10, and what I received was a non-Mint HTC10.  There were many visible scratches on the phone (too many to be classed as mint) though this is not the issue.  The phone, from the start, has on a daily basis, switched off at various battery percentages, including upwards of 70%.  It can go over 24 hours without accepting a charge.  I contacted the seller in January, inside the first 6 months that Consumer Law states that I have to reasonably ask for a repair or replacement, but the seller responded saying the returns period was 30 days.  This is not the case for faulty/defective items, and when raised they stopped responding.

PayPal took on the complaint, given that what I received was not what was described and there is a clear fault that Consumer Law states must be assumed to have been there when purchased and yet they have come back with the above decision.  So, if there is no answer to the appeal question can anyone advise on the next steps and my options here, as I am reluctant to pursue this via solicitors if another more straightforward option exists.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

crt2
New Community Member

I am having same problem, there is no appeal option under status

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.