Appeal Paypal Dispute Decision

Selena0_18
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

I purchased a AUD $44.00 Cat Climbing Frame from a site that popped up in Facebook (my first mistake)

I received instead a AUD $10.00 Plastic Cat Tunnel (can buy off ebay for this price)

Seller only offered 50% refund so I escalated to a Paypal dispute.

Paypals decision is that the item needs to be returned for a full refund.

So I am expected to pay AUD $36.00 return shipping to return a AUD $10.00 item?

This seems utterly ridiculous, can I appeal this somehow?

I am registered for Paypal Refunded Returns so this return postage would be eligible for refund wouldn't it?

Thanks in advance

Selena0_18

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Selena0_18 

How can you appeal a case that was ruled in your favor? PayPal resolves SNAD claims with return for a refund. If you do not return, you will lose case. Can't keep both item and the money. Next time, buy from real pet stores/shops, not some random facebook ad. Actually, the $10 AUD item is worth $44 AUD to you, you must return it in order to get your $44 AUD back.

PayPal has a return shipping refund program for future purchases if this return is not eligible:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

If you're not satisfied with paypal's ruling, you may forfeit the PayPal dispute altogether and dispute via your credit card issuer exclusively, if that is how you paid, who has much broader terms than standard PayPal dispute.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Selena0_18
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply.

I appreciate what you are saying but it just seems ridiculous to pay postage that is 3 times the cost of the item being shipped.

Cheers

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.