Apparent scam

jjpp2
Contributor
Contributor

It seems many have suffered from this person/organisation.   I've had an amount of 57.67 taken from my bank account by Paypal  but no sign of it appears in my PP account -which is a BIG worry.  The bank attributes it to a company called "ESTIVALCOLT"...(for a car-creeper).  One would have to wonder about the authenticity of PP itself if this is happening.  Has anyone else had this experience?

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

Cimarock66
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered an item from this scammer, not knowing it was from China. I did my due diligence bc any time I've purchased something from China I've either not gotten it, the size was way off and they wanted to charge over $100 to return something small or I only got partial delivery. So I never order from China. When I made my purchase, I received a receipt in chinese. I was upset. I cancelled my order right away. They sent a form letter out saying my purchase had already been packed and was being shipped. I called BS. I contacted PayPal and it took them a month and a half to award in my favor and get my money back. I'm grateful, but some merchants should not be allowed to be purchased from bc of fraudulent activity.
Login to Me Too

jjpp2
Contributor
Contributor

I've noticed recently that just so many Chinese companies now have local addresses to re-assure local buyers, but all they do is pass the buying info back to China and every bad thing still happens.  In my case it was my wife buying me a surprise gift- which it certainly was.  Since there was no record on my Paypal statement, I have gone straight to the NAB to let them sort it out. 

Login to Me Too

Cimarock66
Contributor
Contributor
You said you went straight to NAB. Can you please tell me what that is, in case I may need it in the future?
Login to Me Too

jjpp2
Contributor
Contributor

NAB is "National Bank Australia", to which my Paypal account is linked.  Recently, they have stepped in and refunded my account the amount of the Paypal transaction in question.   They tell me that if they resolve the case and are paid by Paypal they will let me know.  If not, things will just stay as they are with my refund already paid to my account.  A pleasant experience in all the mess!

Login to Me Too

Cimarock66
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for the education 😊
Login to Me Too

Marise2palmer
Contributor
Contributor
I've had an amount of 42.63 taken from my bank account by Paypal and it shows on my paypal account but no sign of goods it, -which is a BIG worry. The bank attributes it to a company called "ESTIVALCOLT"...(for a car-creeper). One would have to wonder about the authenticity of PP itself if this is happening. Has anyone else had this experience? I see 9 people have had the same problem with this alleged company.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.