Anyone successfully get a refund via Paypal from Chinese Scam company?

startupchime
New Community Member

I made the very dumb decision to buy some shirts from a company advertised on Facebook that claimed they were New Jersey based but were actually China based.  I ordered two shirts and they sent me two completely different shirts that were very low quality.  When I asked to them either send me the correct items, or send me a pre-paid shipping label to return, they offered me a 5 dollar credit if I kept them and then when I refused they said I would need to return to China at my own expense. They said they would determine if they could re-sell and then contingent on that they would send me a refund. That's an expense I simply can't afford, especially to likely be told they can't resell the items.  I've explained in my claim that I also looked on their site and they never sold the shirts they sent me, even though they claimed they were best sellers.  I have also looked for site reviews and every person reports the exact same thing happening to them.  I have been having a hell of a time trying to get paypal to understand this is a scam and that the refund offer is not being made in good faith.  Has anyone dealt with anything similar to this? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

xKwan
Contributor
Contributor

I have a similar situation as well. Stupid Facebook ads that doesn't filter China scams which let the stupid me to buy certain product and received a total irrelevant one. Uploaded advertised item and received item to dispute for refund, but the customer supports are just BLIND and closed off my case without letting me have any say to it. Now when I try to open up my case it is forever in loading mode and I can't do anything about it!

Login to Me Too

MadPlayer101
New Community Member
I ordered a lamp and got a mannequin. Now they want me to pay return shipping to get a refund
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.