Anyone ordered from PengBo Network Technology Co., Ltd

vianois
Contributor
Contributor

On their Website, <removed>

I ordered a short throw laser projector.

After waiting for 3 weeks, i received a Smartphone projector 2.0. it is a cheapskate cardboard projector that has ZERO electronic component.

I'm asking Paypal for a refund. 

Did anyone encountered this?

Login to Me Too
61 REPLIES 61

Coppo
Contributor
Contributor

I have received another email from Paypal saying claim denied as I did not provide tracking information. I said I would purchase the cardboard crap but Paypla obviously do not read your emails and neither do they read this forum or community. All they do is send automated badges when you join or make a remark. As far as I can tell Paypal is a complete waste of time as they do not protect you from fraud. All the claims above are obviously from people who have been defrauded. I will continue to pursue my claim and will let the community know how I get on.

Login to Me Too

Coppo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Everybody . Great news I managed to get a refund of my money. I was in touch with a great service agent in Paypal who really knew what he was doing. His name is Sean and he works in disputes. The phone number is <removed> and press button 5 for Frauds after you listen to the list of services. Good luck.

Login to Me Too

Lordkb
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, What country was this you had to phone?

Login to Me Too

Coppo
Contributor
Contributor

Ireland

Login to Me Too

Malchill
Contributor
Contributor

Yes i did in October,  Like other Chinese companies this one is a scam.  They have sent something that does not resemble the item ordered.   Paypal have said that i need to return the rather **bleep** item they have sent at my own expense? 

In many ways Facebook should take some responsibility for allowing this shady company to be advertise on Facebook but all they are interested in doing is getting the advertising revenue for it.

I hadn't realized how many people are being scammed like this until i came on here.

I now have 2 items sent by Chinese companies that have not been what i have ordered.  Its very infuruiating.

Cancel the Order if you can.

Login to Me Too

Coppo
Contributor
Contributor

Regarding Chinese companies. I have ordered literally hundreds of items from China and on the whole I have found them quite reliable and extremely cheap. I mainly deal with Wish.com and banggood. I often got stuff for 99c that was €30 in Maplins (no wonder they went bust) I would be very wary of ordering stuff more expensive than around €30. That is why I was so disappointed with the so called laser projector. If you have the time and inclination you should be able to get your money back with Paypal, you just have to persist.

Login to Me Too

cliffproctor
Contributor
Contributor
Spoiler
I just got an email from them saying my request was declined because I had not replied to them withinn 10 days with tracking info.  This was despite them NOT telling me in the first place that I only had 10 days.

This picture is the piece of crap they sent me when I ordered a "4K projector" 

projector.jpg

Login to Me Too

Coppo
Contributor
Contributor

I managed to get a refund of my money. I was in touch with a great service agent in Paypal who really knew what he was doing. He is familiar with this fraud. His name is Sean and he works in disputes. The phone number can be found by going to contact us and phoning the number supplied and press button 5 for Frauds after you listen to the list of services. Good luck.

Login to Me Too

RipToff2

I asked PayPal for a refund. The dispute was decided in my favor, but they only refunded 4 euros of the 44.86 purchase price. I called paypal and got stonewalled by the representatives who refused to open the case again, or give me the full refund. It seems that PayPal is in on the scam!

Login to Me Too

eduardooliveira
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same problem with a $60 bike computer I bought in Sepember. Today I received a $5 piece. I will try to get a refound.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.