Anyone ordered from PengBo Network Technology Co., Ltd

vianois
Contributor
Contributor

On their Website, <removed>

I ordered a short throw laser projector.

After waiting for 3 weeks, i received a Smartphone projector 2.0. it is a cheapskate cardboard projector that has ZERO electronic component.

I'm asking Paypal for a refund. 

Did anyone encountered this?

Login to Me Too
61 REPLIES 61

Bordan
Contributor
Contributor
Exactly what happens to me no reply and no return or refund
Login to Me Too

Filipe679
New Community Member
I ordered a product on the 20th of October, still waiting for it. I'm not going to pursue a refund coz it's as good as gone.No use getting a refund in my opinion. Had I known it was a Chinese company I wouldn't have bought the product.
Login to Me Too

BLUETOP15
Contributor
Contributor
Bicycle gadget.. I stupidly ordered this item from pengo, it was advertised on Instagram and it looked fantastic, but of course when it eventually arrived it was not the same item at all, it was a really cheap nasty piece of rubbish, it was supposed to be a speedometer, you could tell it wouldn’t last five minutes on any bike.I was told to return it at my cost ! I ended up paying $39.49 for this junk as I forgot to return it and it was ruled in the sellers favor!! PLEASE DONT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE.☹️
Login to Me Too

PfreddyPA
Contributor
Contributor

I will put this in the category of "Shame on me... I should have known better." Both PayPal and Facebook should know by now this is a scam and not allow them access to their platforms. I ordered a collapsible triple screen laptop workstation and instead got a knock-off chromecast device. I wrote to the company, but I don't believe I will get a response, a refund, nor the correct item. No more ordering from Chinese companies.

Login to Me Too

Sno_Iris

Exact same thing happened to me, though Paypal is saying i ordered it through "SmartOnline"

Login to Me Too

Lordkb
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, me also. Must be a con. Just received a stupid cardboard box with a lens. PayPal really needs to sort this. It shouldn't be our responsibility for them not checking whether the company is legit. There is no address to return it to anyway.
Login to Me Too

Coppo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I am trying to get Paypal to return my money after taking €15 for the retail price of the piece of cardboard crap instead of paying €20 to send it back to China with tracking and not knowing if they receive it. Pengbo's email links and website links do not work so as you say you could not return the crap anyway. I have sent three emails to Paypal and have yet to hear anything except that they have denied my claim as I have not provided proof that I have returned the crap. If they bothered to read my emails they would know that I intended keeping the crap at the retail price of it instead of chancing wasting money on postage. I thought Paypal was there to prevent fraud but it seems that they are aiding and abetting this crowd of crooks. I bet they have fiddled thousands of euros from trusting customers. I am very disappointed with Paypal. We should all keep emailing them until we get satisfaction. Coppo.

Login to Me Too

vianois
Contributor
Contributor

Wow i didn't realised there are so many victims like me. Being scammed for something fake.

Paypal should also check on the merchant creditability whether they are legit for granting them as supplier.

What Paypal is doing is to transfer the rights over to these suppliers to agree for a refund, and suppliers should absorb the shipping cost to protect buyer's rights. 

But if all else above are something Paypal can do, why not ban these scam companies?

Hope these thread can help all those potential buyers to as an awareness before any transaction made.

Login to Me Too

Bordan
Contributor
Contributor
I have exactly the same experience this is a terrible almost a scam no customer support PayPal need to step in
Login to Me Too

joePz
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered a monitor for 48.97 and received a large magnifying glass. I reported to Paypal as this is clearly a scam
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.