Anyone have any experience with FastOutboard.com?

JDGunns
Contributor
Contributor

Looking at outboard motor offerings from www.fastoutboard.com.  Prices are too good to be true.  Does anyone in this community have any experience with these folks?  

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

SIB0303
Contributor
Contributor
YES Hope I’m not to late replying. DO NOT DO IT! They almost got me. I was hooked and on the line, as they say. I made the purchase of a merc. 9.9 motor. I’ll hang my pride if it helps someone else out. It’s not that the price was to good to be true, it’s that it was just in my price range while the others were just outside of my price range. So I acted on impulse and that is what they bank on “impulse”. Quick rundown before purchase, legit address on google maps, email and contact number, short history of company on website, explanation of shipping procedures, secure web site, one scam tracking website saying “probably legit” and accepts PayPal . But after purchase something just didn’t feel right, it was the way everything was worded on the website and in confirmation emails it seemed like a poor translation, being from Norway and all, that’s what I thought it was. Then quickly a bad gut feeling kicked in, closer look at google maps showed it’s a residence not warehouse. PDF file of fake invoice, false tracking number, Garuda air cargo freight company (not real), and email to the company to cancel order was immediately bounced back to me undeliverable, I was scammed (thinking about it still makes me sick). I contacted my bank and PayPal. Both told me I had to wait for the transaction to clear and ask the seller for a refund. I explained the company does not exist (no way to contact them) and both bank and PayPal repeated the above response. By Gods grace the transaction never went through. Maybe PayPal recognized them? Not sure. Sorry about the long reply. I hope it is helpful.
Login to Me Too

JDGunns
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for sharing your experience, I did not buy from them.  I was uneasy with the same things you noticed and bought a used motor off Craigslist for a few hundred less.  A 9.9 by the way.  

Login to Me Too

spartacususa
New Community Member

thanks a lot for sharing this experience. 

save a lot!

Login to Me Too

Bizznuts
New Community Member

We order an outboard from them on Thursday and used PayPal because I was uneasy with several things. Now that I read this I guess we need to call PayPal and cancel our order.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bizznuts 

Only the merchant you purchased from can cancel any orders.

Paypal cannot cancel completed payments that they have processed for you to your chosen seller.

Paypal cover you for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described up to 180 days post payment (terms and conditions as per that buyer protection policy).

If either of those happens or you get fake tracking or a tat item then post back for more advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

HonestJoe66
Contributor
Contributor

I was quite skeptical about buying a major purchase from Indonesia, so I called PayPal and asked them to verify this dealer was legit. They told me that the dealer had all the credentials that PayPal required, so they looked okay. I ordered a 20 HP Outboard for $1399 (including $75 Express Shipping). The dealer even sent a shipping document to me, showing that the motor had been picked up and flown to Istanbul Airport. Then communications stopped. Dealer would no longer answer my emails, nor would the shipping company. After 2 months, and no indication that the motor had ever moved from Istanbul, I filed a claim with PayPal for a refund. They gave Fastoutboard.com about 15 days to respond, but they never did. PayPal refunded my $1399 as they had advertised. I'm happy with PayPal for protecting my purchase, but I am unhappy that I was not able to buy the outboard. I now believe that Fastoutboard.com is a scam, and also the shipping company, (SentralExpres.com) seems to be a scam. Do not do business with Fastoutboard.com. 

Login to Me Too

Maxedwell7
Contributor
Contributor

As the old saying goes: If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

A new Yamaha 90 hp engine goes for $12,000 (I looked at buying one state side). Yet they can sell one, a few years old, for $3800? No way.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.