Anyone had proflash light from zest ads ltd

Bodie99
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered three on 29th December and had no further emails or messages from then, I paid via PayPal, zest ads had the money but I received no tracking number or anything from them

Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

mgeller7
Contributor
Contributor

Pay Pal horrible on this. They decide in your favor, then you have to send it to Hong Kong to get your money. Such a scam.

Login to Me Too

mgeller7
Contributor
Contributor

Pay Pal will decide in your favor then you will have to return the item....to HK

Login to Me Too

cribbooky
Contributor
Contributor

That's not what I was told.  PayPal told me that I had to return it FIRST and then they would reimburse me IF Zestads Limited told PayPal that they accepted the return and agreed that a refund was due.  What Zestads Limited was telling me in direct communications, which PayPal suggested that I establish, was that if the item was not damaged, spoiled or defective, that it was not acceptable to return it even though that was not the basis of my complaint.  My complaint was/is that it was a bait and switch sale.   When Zestads Limited communicates with the buyer through PayPal, they say that if it is returned they will refund the money, but in direct buyer communications without PayPal, they say that they have no basis for providing a refund.  They absolutely will not admit or acknowledge that the product is different than what was advertised.

So basically, you are in the position of being dependent on a criminal enterprise that engaged in false advertising by literally stealing the advertisements from other flashlight companies like Anker, presenting them as their own product and then shipping something else that is inferior.  They would definitely resell those flashlights to someone else and keep your money if you are foolish enough to ship them back to Hong Kong.

Login to Me Too

mgeller7
Contributor
Contributor
Have no idea what they told you, but l filed complaint with PayPal the minutevthey asked mecforva video, relizing it was a BS company andcdidn'tbwantbto trybto deal with them. Paypal took weeks then finally responded that they recieve proof I mailed it back, they would refund.
Login to Me Too

mgeller7
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry about typos. Just noticed. After PayPal decision, advised that "If they recieve my proof of mailing, they will refund". Still think the whole thing is BS. Will not use PP again for failing to take action against a fraudulent company.
Login to Me Too

cribbooky
Contributor
Contributor

I think that PayPal will refund your shipping costs if you lost money on the deal up to a limit.  You should look into that.  As for me, I am keeping the merchandise because Zestads Limited told me that my claim was invalid because the products were not damaged.  This means that I would lose possession of the evidence of their crime in exchange for very low probability of getting a few dollars back.  I filed complaints with the state AG, the FBI and the FTC, and I would rather do my part in taking these criminals down than getting burned on the return after already being told that they have no intention of approving a refund for undamaged merchandise.

Login to Me Too

cribbooky
Contributor
Contributor

In the spirit of hitting them where it hurts, I am also taking up the fight with Facebook for running the ads.  Now every time that a product ad is presented to me on FB that isn't a reputable (known) company and selling something in which I could have the slightest interest, I reply with a comment to that ad with this message:

"I am interested in this type of product, but unfortunately, I learned that Facebook allows dishonest advertisers, such as Zestads Limited and others, to run misleading ads that bring loss and harm to the consumers. Facebook claims to enforce community standards, but apparently, this does not apply to advertisers. There's too much risk so I have developed a general mistrust of the advertisers on Facebook such that I will not buy from them.

I thought that it was only fair to let you know how unethical business associations are causing you to waste your advertising budget based on my experience here."

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.