Anyone had proflash light from zest ads ltd

Bodie99
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered three on 29th December and had no further emails or messages from then, I paid via PayPal, zest ads had the money but I received no tracking number or anything from them

Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

Rome1982
I just ordered a to 360 flashlight then realized this seems fishy no date when I get it or anything so I searched it and found out it's fraud. It's still pending on my account from taken out but I called my bank and the department to dispute payment was closed I have to call tomorrow hopefully I can get a hold of them before it's accepted. So I can cancel the order that for sure is fake.
Login to Me Too

mgeller7
Contributor
Contributor
Waiting for my dispute to be settled with PayPal. To add insult to injury, that Zestad is so bad thatvwhen l notified them that itvhad both arrived broken, notvworking and was substantially different and they were fraudulentvandcdemanded my money, they sent me an advisement that they wete shipping another "order". I reminded them that they wete frauds and filed a substantially different claim with PayPal. I cannot believe PayPal CV ontinues to pay them money after so many complaints. I will likely never order anyyhing again without checking everywhere for this kind of info on a product.
Login to Me Too

cribbooky
Contributor
Contributor

For criminal complaints, this is their shipping address:

ZestAds Limited
Room 1801, 18/F, Malaysia Building, 50 Gloucester Road,
Wanchai, Hong Kong WAN CHAI, HONG KONG ISLAND HK

In addition to their location, you can also reference their Hong Kong business registration number in your complaint:  CR No.: 2247315

Login to Me Too

cribbooky
Contributor
Contributor

Do not buy the TP360 tactical flashlight from Zest Ads Ltd.  The flashlight that you receive does not perform anywhere close to the Torch Lite Mini that is actually what they are showing for most of the ad video.  The light is much smaller in size and performance than the one in the ad.  I plan to file a consumer complaint with the state attorney general, but first I will arrange getting a refund from PayPal.

Login to Me Too

mgeller7
Contributor
Contributor

Company a complete scam. They send a flashlight (if you get it... judging from the amount of disputes) that is a complete piece of junk that should sell for a dollar. Mine came broken. In addition to a picture and a description of the problem, they had the nerve to tell me I couldn't dispute with them unless I sent a VIDEO, all in an attempt to keep the money or stall. I will upgrade to a transaction dispute if nothing in less than a week. Complete misrepresentation of a product. from a too-good ad. You must dispute asap. Mine came in pieces with a spring and some ball bearing in the bag,. Filed a dispute the same day to preserve my rights. Will wait 5 days for a response then upgrade to PayPal dispute which gets it out of their hands. Must be done within 20 days of filing the dispute. Another thing. PayPal has something that says ask for returns by Paypal at PayPal expense. You must do this before you file the dispute to preserve that right. Read everything.

Login to Me Too

cribbooky
Contributor
Contributor

Not only am I fighting to get my money back, I filed a complaint with the FTC.  The Hong Kong business registration number for Zestads Limited is CR No. 2247315.  I couldn't find their address (big surprise there, eh?).

Login to Me Too

mgeller7
Contributor
Contributor

Good for you. I am going to make it my business for Paypal to stop allowing them to send these scammers anymore money.

Login to Me Too

Bitslice

Hit them where it hurts, in the pocket book. If your paypal is linked through a credit or debit card processed by one of the credit card companies like Visa, Mastercard, AmEx etc you may be able to do a charge back.

Check this link for an article that helps explain how to proceed. It takes some diligence but may be worth it depending on how much you lost. 

https://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/chargeback-rules-undelivered-purchases/

I found these zest ads creeps on a YouTube video ad-should have known better than to trust an ad from YT. 

Login to Me Too

cribbooky
Contributor
Contributor

It was a FB ad in my case.  I should have known as well.  I have filed an FTC complaint, and I am not backing down on getting a full refund either.  It is absolutely criminal to show one product and then send a different one and then refuse to cooperate in fixing the problem.

Login to Me Too

martman40
Contributor
Contributor
I am having the same problem. Saw an ad for these flashlights, how bright they are (in the ad); my 1st clue was when I could not find a company name so that I could Google them. As soon as I paid, the company name popped up so I Googled em, and of course they are a fraudulent company. So I immediately emailed them and asked them to cancel the order, and I asked PayPal to cancel the transaction before they sent the money. No response from the seller, PayPal said I had to wait until I received the item and then file a dispute. I argued with PayPal for a bit but they wouldn't budge. So as soon as I received the pile of crap, I started a dispute with PayPal, thought it was supposed to be settled by today. Instead, I received an email from PayPal, asking for more Information and letting me know that that if I don't provide it within 3 days that they may decide in favor of the seller.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.