Anyone ever have trouble with scammers giving useless return addresses in a dispute?

howlingmoki

Backstory: I purchased a collapsible stool back in May, paid through Paypal.  Seller emailed purchase confirmation and a tracking number on May 19.
July 9th, I received a package with that tracking number that contained a small bracelet, plastic beads on an elastic cord.  Filed a dispute through Paypal.

Today, August  I get a message that the seller is offering a full refund if I return the item and provide a tracking number, but even without it costing more to ship the stupid thing back to China than my refund would be, the return address provided isn't what I would call useful because I doubt USPS, UPS or FedEx will accept something addressed in Chinese even if I were to print it out on a shipping label.

Is this a common scammer tactic?  

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Macsolo
Contributor
Contributor
Tattica da truffatore quando apri la controversia poi falla in reclamo li 100% rimborso garantito hai sempre 180 giorni di garanzia Paypal
Login to Me Too

mfos07
New Community Member

did you get it figured out going through same thing now

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.