Anyone else been **bleep** over by PayPal favouring dodgy sellers like Highlife Technology Ltd?

Morgz1983
Contributor
Contributor

I recently put in a complaint with PayPal around a drone I ordered and received. The drone I purchased said it came with a 1080P camera as per the PayPal product description however according to the box, the item I received only has a 480P camera. Not to mention the branding on the box was not even the brand of the drone I paid for. So I paid for the top of the range camera and received the bottom of the range camera. I contacted PayPal and was informed that I could return the item to the seller at my expense, approx $30 for a full refund of the product. I then emailed PayPal as I feel this is extremely unfair that the seller sends you an inferior item, and for this you get the privilege of paying to return the item so you have no product at all but fees for this honour. They responded with a link to FAQ's and then closed my case.

I have noticed this has happened a lot with the company Highlife Technology Ltd. Clearly PayPal doesn't care at all about the customers but would rather look after dodgy sellers. PayPal I am disgusted.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Morgz1983

To qualify for a refund under Purchase Protection, you must return the item and the buyer is responsible for return costs.

Then register for reimbursement of the return costs: https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/returns 

Everyone and their grandkids are selling online so do research on the merchant before buying.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Morgz1983

To qualify for a refund under Purchase Protection, you must return the item and the buyer is responsible for return costs.

Then register for reimbursement of the return costs: https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/returns 

Everyone and their grandkids are selling online so do research on the merchant before buying.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

keidiyteng
Contributor
Contributor

I also ordered a kitty litter mat as a gift for my sister over the holidays. I was under the impression I was buying from a company called Agnes (although their Instagram handle was @_cleoshop, not consistent with the branding of the website. My sister never received it. Interesting thing is, the tracking showed it delivered, however my sister's boyfriend was home during that time and he didn't hear a knock or doorbell. They have a security camera at the door and upon review, nothing was delivered.

I saw that the receipt came from Highlife Technology (which I found strange because it was not consistent with the name on the website). They were dismissive and eventually stopped replying to my emails altogether. I contacted PayPal and opened a case, to which they ruled in favor of the seller. They told me to contact the post office and my bank to figure out why my sister never received it, completing deflecting responsibility.

A quick search brought me to numerous posts in the forum by other customers who have been scammed. I'm disgusted that PayPal continues to work with this company, and will not use them anymore for my transactions. Had I used a credit card I would've gotten my money back 2 weeks ago. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.