Any money in your balance will be held for 180 days.. since 1 year and a half

swilson1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

You can't use PayPal anymore : I has been restricted by paypal and i still have money on hold but I don't know why (no reason given).. and even after 180 days, I can't withdraw my money.

Kind regards,

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@swilson1 

Paypal holds your funds for 180 days as that is the same timeframe that buyers have to open paypal disputes.

So if no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then you are allowed to withdraw the funds as long as you are over 18, the account is in your legal name and registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes Paypal request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Your best bet is to wait until the phones are back up and running and then phone customer services so that you can speak to an agent.
Then they can help advise on how you can withdraw the funds if and when you are allowed to do so.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@swilson1 

Paypal holds your funds for 180 days as that is the same timeframe that buyers have to open paypal disputes.

So if no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then you are allowed to withdraw the funds as long as you are over 18, the account is in your legal name and registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes Paypal request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Your best bet is to wait until the phones are back up and running and then phone customer services so that you can speak to an agent.
Then they can help advise on how you can withdraw the funds if and when you are allowed to do so.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

robbinn

Can someone tell me why did paypal not even tell me what I did wrong and then steal my money?  why ? please help..$571.04 USD;PayPal Posting Date:May 5, 2020;Payment to:Paypal;PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation;PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation

Login to Me Too

Oceanblue18
Contributor
Contributor

exact same problem here. I guess they do this to a lot of people. They don't even explain how you broke the terms. Like I hardly used my account

Login to Me Too

swilson1
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your time and your answer

Login to Me Too

ngohuybt

As per your notice: "
Per the User Agreement, PayPal may permanently limits your account due to violation of our Acceptable Use Policy. From the date of this email, any funds in your account will be held for 180 days. After 180 days, we'll contact you with information on how to withdraw any money in your PayPal account if there's no outstanding legal issue on your account."

I will wait 180 days before I can use my funds. But today I check my account, my money has been withdrawn. Please let me know how to get my money back. Thank you very much.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.