Any experience with TomTop.com?

LeoChiliLioness
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a recent customer for Tomtop.com and every nerve in me tells me I've made a mistake. I've read online reviews for Tomtop and every one of them says something negative about the site. I've even tried contacting the seller about the purchase I made but I don't get a response. I keep receiving an email telling me (in Chinese) that my emails have been bounced, multiple times. I've even opened up a dispute in Paypal complaining about not receiving my items but still nothing from the seller. Does Tomtop even exist? Is this a scam website? Who is Tomtop.com?

Login to Me Too
95 REPLIES 95

Punk2
Contributor
Contributor

Nauseous, you are not a nice person!  Why would you ever be that cruel to an innocent buyer who saw all good reviews on there website and offers refunds if they sell you a faulty item.  These are all the things you look for in a legit website company, offers refunds (they do), up to date website(they are), certified website (they are).  I hope you don't treat your family as bad as you treat people you don't know?  

Login to Me Too

Xaote
Contributor
Contributor
Punk, I am so sorry for the misunderstanding. I was gutted when I read your post about the problem you had with the LOL dolls, it is so much more hurtful when kids are involved. My post was not aimed at you, I was annoyed at the reply from the user called nauseous. As u said, you came on to share useful info about this website, I just could not believe the reply the other user gave. My sincerest apologies for the misunderstanding, my bad for not making myself clearer. Sorry.
Login to Me Too

Punk2
Contributor
Contributor

I am sooo sorry I misunderstood Xaote,  and I did delete that post!  Thank you, for clearing this up and defending my post. 🙂  I did see what nauseous said and I agree that person is not nice or sympathetic at all and I responded to him/her.

Login to Me Too

Xaote
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you, when I re-read my post I did not make myself clear, I think anger got the better part of me! Being a father & grandfather I hate it when kids get hurt, I have been in a similar situation myself. I was gutted when I read your post then when I scrolled down and seen the 'nauseous' reply I boiled over!! I'm glad we sorted out the misunderstanding, my fault, sorry!
Login to Me Too

Xaote
Contributor
Contributor
Well, my original positive review about RCmoment who are actually Tomtop was a bit too early it seems. I bought a Visuo drone off these guys as a birthday gift, it was clearly stated in item description as having 720p video using an SD card. At first I was very happy, shipping was fast and it is a great flying drone. So I ordered an Sdcard for it. When it arrived I tried to fit the card but it would not fit properly, it just fell into the slot and I had to use a needle to get it back out. I contacted RCmoment explaining the problem and they asked me to send them a video of the issue, which I did. They replied saying this is not a 720p drone and offered me a £5 refund. I was not happy with this and replied it clearly stated on the item description it was a 720p drone (I had looked again at the description and it definitely stated this in the images). They then emailed me today to say it is not described as a 720 drone on their website, when I went back onto the website they had changed the item description removing the 720p part!!
Login to Me Too

rcsong01

I purchased an h96 pro plus tv box 3 months ago from Tomtop.com. No problem the box arrived and worked for 3 months. Then it stopped working. I contacted them and the will not replace or allow me to purchase a new one at a discount. Bad customer support and do not support the products. I have been going back and forth with them for 2 weeks and no resolution?

Login to Me Too

Mikey208
Contributor
Contributor

After my ordeal I filed a complaint with the FTC. I have heard nothing on it yet. I also left feedback on Google and they replied. They asked me to contact them to work it out and consider better feedback. RIGHT! LOL

Login to Me Too

musicteacher9
Contributor
Contributor

awful service.—I've waiting for over 4 months. It sells bad products———mine is defective, doesnt work—missing a part.. Same with my daughter and a few other people who used this company. No refund offered— even that I 've demanded it..We've sent them numerous videos and photos—proving the defect of the product, but here is the email I got today from them: "Sorry for the trouble .The piece has not arrived at our warehouse .We will ask our supplier again for a toothpaste capsule.
Would you please wait a while ? Best Regards"
The worse part that I'tired to leave a negative review of the product and service on their website—but... it turned out to be impossible.. Be careful...They are bad and tricky!

Login to Me Too

Antanas99
Contributor
Contributor

i need to open dispute twice as first one i opened,i failed to explain all properly and paypal just simply closed it. now seller took mine moneys and didint send any phone.and another phone he sent is faulty.i opened first dispute as unautorised transaction.and in fact i am right.but paypal looked at it straight and i had no chances to explain what it is happened as it go went automatically by system and was closed.

So to explain easy . i went to site to buy phone. i chose one and press to buy. i got message "transaction due to delay time had been canceled" after that"do you want to try again" i pushed yes then i got again  "transaction due to delay time had been canceled" after that"do you want to try again" i did it fird time

and after failing fird time left it all. maybe for next day.you know maybe system is overbusy and cant take orders.same day i got 3 messages from shop 

that buying got canceled.with easy heart i went to sleep. next day i am getting 2 more messages from shop. claiming that shoping was succesfull and 2 phones being ordered and is allready on the way.

<removed>

THIS is absolute fraud and unautorised use of internet .as i didint bought nothing. so TOMTOP shop buy phones for me by itself without me partycipating. this is super deep fraud and they are criminals as they seems find out the way how to make time skips possability on internet .this is not regular criminal actions as there is no even examples for such a use.i am not idiot i see all the times and all skips. and for 100% i know and claim that i wasnt even using mine computer on the times they concluded i bought something from them.this should be go forwarded with big care and given to institution that will look forward for a way to stop such fraud.

and i want mine moneys to be refunded fully. if they want i can send phone back.for sure if they pays for postage.

Login to Me Too

Antanas99
Contributor
Contributor

they use interesting system. i went to site pushed 3 times to buy phone.3 times they showed me error and got 3 letters in mine mail that it all was canceled. but in real time transactions had been made only behind the scene.i am happy enough that in bank account wasnt was enouhg moneys so it took moneys for 2 phones. next day i got "little delayed"messages from TOMTOP about transaction i made yesterday and that they was successful.but only i made purchases on the time when i at all was sleeping and no one was using computer or buying anything. so its fake time they give that transaction is being made or plays with some kind of time skipping. so 26 day they send message about accepting pay on 25 d .thats is absolut FRAUD and crime. so basically on time you push to buy instead of writing that you bought item. they write to you that it is canceled but on meantime they take money from your bank account.and basically till you understand that moneys is being taken from your bank account,they allready sends items to your country and pretends that they do not know about anything.they are doing it purposely and this message i will try to spread as wide as i can. one or another way it is being said that if bargain you bought doesnt reach you,you get your moneys back,as one of the phones that i "bought" didint came at all.i wonder only how much time will it take for paypal to aknowledge it and to send mine moneys back to me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.