Any experience with TomTop.com?

LeoChiliLioness
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a recent customer for Tomtop.com and every nerve in me tells me I've made a mistake. I've read online reviews for Tomtop and every one of them says something negative about the site. I've even tried contacting the seller about the purchase I made but I don't get a response. I keep receiving an email telling me (in Chinese) that my emails have been bounced, multiple times. I've even opened up a dispute in Paypal complaining about not receiving my items but still nothing from the seller. Does Tomtop even exist? Is this a scam website? Who is Tomtop.com?

Login to Me Too
95 REPLIES 95

MisterDee
New Community Member
Sometimes you get what you pay for...junk. Forget about service or warranty. Lesson learned.
Login to Me Too

hselloum
Contributor
Contributor

i sold a mobile from tomtop/ DAO at arrival, can not call, can not use it.

Mail to tomtop >> they reply that i have to fix it in france, i pay first and the refund me with some voucher!

in them term and conditions it's righted :shipping fee for sending the phone back to us will be paid by customers except for DOA situations. but they don 't respect it.

tomtop arnaque, scam, vendent produit en panne et ne rembourse pas, fuyez!

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hselloum

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Also if you have activated the below link then paypal would help you with return costs  >>

https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/article/what-is-%27return-shipping-on-us%27-and-how-do-i-activate-it...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Guitardogg
New Community Member

Okay, shipping is very slow, but so far the products have been good.  I emailed their support with a shipping issue, and got a prompt response.  One item took about 10 weeks to show, but it finally did.  Everything is stupid cheap, but the quality was is pretty good considering.  Want it cheap, not in a hurry, go for it!

Login to Me Too

TheBattman
Contributor
Contributor

Consider yourself blessed, as you are apparently in the very small minority of those pleased with TomTop.  My dissatisfaction had nothing to do with shipping time - that was expected with a product shipped from China. My issue was with the absolutely horrible customer service and when they absolutely were proven to have sent a defective product - they want you to settle for 50% refund...

I"m thinking they have hit on a great business model: sell crappy, often totally defective products - then when customers complain about it - give then a fraction of their money back - pocketing the unrefunded (and unearned) difference.

Login to Me Too

JoeBinne
Contributor
Contributor

I also have had the same experience. A parcel was not delivered because Tom Top had cut part of the delivery address and of course, the parcel was bounced. I had discovered their mistake early in the process. I tried to reach them by numerous emails and was never able to contact anybody. I tried to open a dispute with Paypal. I lost my purchase as I was out of the country for an extended period and the dispute period came to an end before my return. I have been buying online for many years, I am experienced and I have a perfect record everywhere. Take my advice, do not buy from these people, they have no help desk or CSR dept. They seem to be just a transaction machine. I recommend: avoid this seller at all cost.  Any saving is not woth one loss like it happened to me. 

@LeoChiliLioness wrote:

I'm a recent customer for Tomtop.com and every nerve in me tells me I've made a mistake. I've read online reviews for Tomtop and every one of them says something negative about the site. I've even tried contacting the seller about the purchase I made but I don't get a response. I keep receiving an email telling me (in Chinese) that my emails have been bounced, multiple times. I've even opened up a dispute in Paypal complaining about not receiving my items but still nothing from the seller. Does Tomtop even exist? Is this a scam website? Who is Tomtop.com?

Login to Me Too

egudenis
Contributor
Contributor
someone refunded.money from.tomtop? i.bought a lucky bag for 160 dollars it sais tht i get random things worth faar.more.than.i pay and they sending.me gel pens omg how.to.get back money? help.me
Login to Me Too

LOS2009
New Community Member

Awful, I bought a game took over a month to get here and when I contacted them about it they were less than useless.  I was then charged import duty so it would have been cheaper and quicker to go to the local shop.  Awful service would avoid at all costs.

Login to Me Too

stephenbchni
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered a camera and received it within 6 weeks, it was great value 23 pounds for a remote access Pan, Tilt and Zoom absolutely fantastic value. HOWEVER I ordered another on the 8th Nov and am still waiting. I emailed ( could not ring) them 3 times and 3 timrs they say its on its way, my next step is tocontact Paypal Its a pity the camers is awesome for the money.
Login to Me Too

JoeBinne
Contributor
Contributor

I have lost a parcel due to TOmTop fault. They somehow removed part of my shipping address and the parcel was returned to sender. I was out of the country at the time, filed a claim in paypal, and due to my impossibility to access Internet, the case was closed in favor of Tomtop. I tried 10-15 times to reach Tomtop prior to filing a case with PayPal. I never got an answer or any kind of communication from them. I am an experienced buyer and I use online PayPal for many years, without any problems, I had a few claims before and they were always on top. I think TomTop is not a company, but just a selling machine with no humans at the other end. I will avoid this seller forever. As for Paypal, they usually are fair and efficient. Not this time, as they dropped the ball on a very obvious basic vendor mistake. But **bleep** happens, I don't blame paypal, I was away. that is life. But I blame Tomtop for not being responsible and fair and above all for ignoring any possible type of communication to resolve the problem. TomTop is to be avoided all the time!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.