Another pending payment issue (fake seller)

Vejdin
Contributor
Contributor

Hello to all community members!

Several day ago I purchased some items from an eBay seller. The next day after the purchase, eBay removed seller's account and informed me about it. Good, but I've already sent payment (luckily a small amount of money), and the payment status remained "Pending" in my PayPal activity page, with no option to cancel it. I've read a lot of topics but was unable to find a solution. If possible, I need an advice how to proceed.

Thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vejdin 

Pending withOUT a cancel option means that it will time out at 30 days post payment if it remains unclaimed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vejdin 

When you click on the Pending transaction does it say it's a temporary authorization? If so, it will expire and drop off from your activity page entirely and the funds released because the seller didn't or couldn't claim it. If status changes to Completed, then you can open a dispute on it in the transaction details by clicking "Report a problem".

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Vejdin
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply!

Unfortunately, nowhere is mentioned that it's a temporary authorization. Just no chance for me to take an action. I do really hope that the transaction will have an expiration date and will be auto-cancelled. 🙂

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vejdin 

Try opening a case in eBay. Click "More Actions" next to the item in Purchase History and select "I didn't receive it". 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Vejdin
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker,

Thanks for the advice!

Actually, the seller has never shipped the items, and the option "I didn't receive it" is not available for me. My order ended up with a pending payment to a non-existent (already) seller. I've sent email to PayPal support a few days ago, but received an auto-reply message.  Should I contact PayPal support again, or I should wait for the transaction to expire automatically?

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vejdin 

Pending withOUT a cancel option means that it will time out at 30 days post payment if it remains unclaimed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Vejdin
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker, @kernowlass 

Thank you all for your advices. The transaction status is now "Completed" with a refund, 30 days after the purchase. PayPal support were unable to cancel the unclaimed payment but were very responsive. They also advised me to let the transaction expire.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.