Another Yin <removed> / ALLWAY TECH CO., LIMITED light saber fraud - And PayPal openly supports him

RRickDD
Contributor
Contributor
Initially, I cancelled the sale moments after I placed it.  Multiple emails cancelling the order were ignored.  Why? I discovered that the seller is a professional scammer. I immediately filed a PayPal dispute.  The scammer/seller shipped the item it AFTER the dispute was filed. What I received was not even close to what I ordered. The site was advertising a very expensive, custom, all metal lightsaber replica. What was shipped was a $3 plastic toy.

PayPal closed the dispute and found in favor of the scammer - simply because he shipped the item. They won't let me dispute their decision supporting this professional scammer, or file a claim for the fake item.  I tried editing the claim multiple times - but just received an error that "something went wrong."  BTW - I called PayPal today at 7pm Central time. It's mow 10 minutes after midnight - and I'm still on hold.  Have it on speaker phone - it's their dime.

Description on site and invoice: METAL STAR WARS LIGHTSABER.
What arrived: Plastic $3 toy, not the over $100 metal item advertised. 

Guarantee on sellers website: "WE PROMISE THAT OUR PRODUCTS AND PICTURES WILL BE 100% IDENTICAL. IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH THE RECEIPT OF THE GOODS, YOU CAN APPLY FOR A REFUND AND DO NOT NEED TO RETURN THE GOODS. YOU CAN USE PAYPAL TO PAY AND PAYPAL WILL PROTECT YOUR MONEY."

This scammer has ripped off thousands of people, mostly via PayPal.

This is 100% a scam. Just Google "YIN <removed> scam" - the first page is almost entirely PAYPAL discussions on the scammer.

Login to Me Too
81 REPLIES 81

holzmad
New Community Member

Exactly the same here. I’ve just filed incident with PayPal and expect to get a refund. I have been trying to figure out how the scam works thinking vast majority of people will demand a refund. But yin has replied saying I must return the item in full packaging using ups if I want a refund and it must pass their inspection (despite the note above saying you can keep it). So in other words it would cost me more money to return than I paid for it...so most people will give up. I only hope that PayPal see sense because if they don’t then then they really are supporting a professional scammer. I trust that will not be the case PayPal?

Login to Me Too

RRickDD
Contributor
Contributor

Good luck - it looks like PayPal sides with the scammer every time.

Login to Me Too

RRickDD
Contributor
Contributor

CALL PayPal.  That's what I finally did. I pointed them to the multiple discussions on their own support boards.  I was given a refund immediately, even though the initial claim was denied.

Login to Me Too

vespa5
Contributor
Contributor

@RRickDD wrote:

CALL PayPal.  That's what I finally did. I pointed them to the multiple discussions on their own support boards.  I was given a refund immediately, even though the initial claim was denied.

I called PayPal just now. They gave me this runaround that included the following

1. The seller has 10 days to respond
2. If they request to return the item, you HAVE to ship it back, provide images of the shipping charges to PayPal and MAYBE they'll credit you for it
3. If worse comes to worse, PayPal has a 'promotion' where you will get maybe $20 tops back out of the whole ordeal.

This isn't even about the money it's about how some random person in China ripped off a ton of people through Facebook of all things. I'm not holding my breath. The person ripped me and many others off. Shipping this thing back to China isn't even possible. Why? THE RETURN ADDRESS IS FAKE TOO.

Way to go PayPal, way to go 

Login to Me Too

notjoeaverage
Contributor
Contributor

I called customer service after the escalation wanted me to ship my 4 lightsabers back and I mentioned fraud and it was wide spread and well known on the PPforum and I had a confirmation email 1 minute after I hung up. 15mins ttl to resolve.

Login to Me Too

hellboy12
Contributor
Contributor
I pointed them too butIl lost the dispute. My question is why this jackass is not banned from PayPal?
Login to Me Too

JaredMC
Contributor
Contributor

Justy tying to figure out this permalink thing.  As I have a solution.

If you follow this (what I did) you should be able to get your $$ back without calling them.  

This info is a result of the many things I discovered reading this thread while was only 4 pages long - now it is 12.  So thanks to all for posting what maybe id NOT work.  

If anyone want to mark this as a solution - if "we" can it worked for me.  

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Disputes-and-Limitations/Another-Yin-lt-removed-gt-ALLWAY-TECH-C...

Jared

Login to Me Too

Pepi-v
Contributor
Contributor

I followed this exact thing and copied the link at the top of my browser which if they clicked it brought them to that exact page and posting. Within 30 minutes I got a reply that they refunded me the whole $120.00. 

Follow what Jared says to do and hopefully it works for you.

Login to Me Too

kditeman

I also got taken by this scammer.  Called Paypal and of course that is how he/she gets away with this because of asking for return of the item that most of the time costs more than the item itself.  So Paypal closed my case.  I have now put in a dispute with my credit card company.  It's not even so much about the money but the fact that this scammer gets away with it.  I am so disappointed that Paypal has not taken care of this company.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.