Another Chinese scam - CB CO.,LTD - Talking/Singing Pumpkins

bjblackmore
Contributor
Contributor

Saw some talking/signing pumpkins, which were being sold on <removed>, which I stupidly though were legit. After waiting 3 weeks for them to arrive, they were nothing like advertised - meant to talk, sing, have animated face with a mini projector inside. What arrived was 3 cheap plastic static pumpkins you could buy from dollar tree.

Seller is CB CO.,LTD. Do not go near them, and not buy these crappy pumpkins, especially with Halloween coming up. Get them from a physical shop so you can be sure!

Login to Me Too
80 REPLIES 80

Tacobird
Contributor
Contributor

Same exact thing happened to me today.  Very cheaply made pumpkins arrived in the mail that I would expect to find in a dollar store except I paid $45.94 for that aren't animated, sound activated or anywhere close to the size posted in their add (they are about the size of Christmas tree ornaments).  LAST TIME I ORDER ANYTHING FROM A FACEBOOK AD!  In fact, I may cancel my Facebook account because they allow such scams to be advertised.

Login to Me Too

jlbravewcu
Contributor
Contributor

SAME HERE!!! absolutely infuriating!! These were supposed to be for my kids!!! 

Login to Me Too

hdailey951
Contributor
Contributor
Also-PayPal isn’t serving justice to us consumers! I was told to return ship to China ($50+) for this cheap item. I already paid $30+ for a dollar store item. I demand a full refund. We should do a class action vs PayPal & the seller
Login to Me Too

bjblackmore
Contributor
Contributor
Or maybe get the media involved? I'm sure some news channels would do a story, especially this close to Halloween!
Login to Me Too

Ra1ph2o2o
New Community Member
Same thing happened to me with same results
Login to Me Too

Southerngrl
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I have also been scammed on my order from China, but it was not the pumpkins. I have been trying to reach PayPal both by phone and online neither has been successful for me. Can I ask how did you get in touch with them?
Login to Me Too

2redhouse
New Community Member

Heard from them , they said I misunderstood the ad.  The cheap plastic pumpkins I got are horrible.  Pay Pal won't do anything!!!

Login to Me Too

Katherose1222
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing here. I actually got beautiful decorations from dollar tree. This is messed up. I have a daughter and nephew and disabled mother looking forward to these.
Login to Me Too

PeteTheCat
Contributor
Contributor

At least you folks received your pumpkins, I placed an order on Sept 6th and I have not received anything yet. It is a complete scam!  I told them 10 times to refund the money and all I hear back is "we will ship soon". No, I don't want the stupid pumpkins anymore, Halloween is almost over already. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.