Another Chinese scam - CB CO.,LTD - Talking/Singing Pumpkins

bjblackmore
Contributor
Contributor

Saw some talking/signing pumpkins, which were being sold on <removed>, which I stupidly though were legit. After waiting 3 weeks for them to arrive, they were nothing like advertised - meant to talk, sing, have animated face with a mini projector inside. What arrived was 3 cheap plastic static pumpkins you could buy from dollar tree.

Seller is CB CO.,LTD. Do not go near them, and not buy these crappy pumpkins, especially with Halloween coming up. Get them from a physical shop so you can be sure!

Login to Me Too
80 REPLIES 80

jdavis3379
New Community Member
Do you happen to have the original ad still? My screenshot only shows my order info and the product is no longer in their bogus website. PayPal has currently declined my dispute but I am appealing... 🤬
Login to Me Too

Miketheglassguy
Contributor
Contributor

Email me at <removed>, I have them Mike

Login to Me Too

DHarty
Contributor
Contributor

I did the same and got a full refund as well.

Login to Me Too

DHarty
Contributor
Contributor

I was scammed out of almost $100 for these crap pumpkins.  Got all my money back from Paypal.  You have to stay on them.  They said my dispute was settled but I said OH NO! and told them the company sent me 3 little pumpkins.  I filed a complaint at Paypal's advise and they gave me back every dime after I provided them with proof of the filing of the complaint with FBI.

Login to Me Too

Whitney71
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing has happened to me. I purchased 6 pumpkins on the 18/9/20 and they finally arrived today the 18/11/20. It took 2 months for them to arrive and they are very tiny small pumpkins and not what was advertised initially. The YouTube video shows. 4 year old opening this huge box but the actual size is of a standard female hand. What is worse is that the original link to the webpage has been pulled down and we can’t access it. I am furious and submitting a dispute with PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Franknicky
Contributor
Contributor

Same company is running a scam on Halloween Projectors that I ordered in the beginning of Sept. and just got today on 21 Nov. Started a dispute in the beginning of Oct. with Paypal. I told Paypal back in Oct that I didn't want the projector since it was already 2 weeks past the delivery date and 5 monthes into the order.

Login to Me Too

Miketheglassguy
Contributor
Contributor
Look on Instagram. Search #talkingpumpkinscam There were others but I can find them. Search all the variations. #animatedpumpkins has original ad plus what they (me too) received. Vadermoto is screen name.
Login to Me Too

Mayoj
Contributor
Contributor
Did anyone receive a resolution with this scam? I just received an email from PayPal closing my dispute because I didn’t reply to them in a timely manner. My last communication with them was to deny the $30 the seller offered. Nothing else.
Login to Me Too

lmbecke

Same here, and PayPal is no help. I actually DID ship them back to China (Paypal will reimuburse up to $45 in shipping costs) and have not heard back yet. This dispute has literally been going on since October and PayPal just keeps pushing out the resolution date further and further. I'm not sure what the seller can possibly say for PayPal not to reimburse me. I sent the pictures of the ads and pics of what I actually received, should be pretty simple to see this dispute in my favor, but apparently nothing is fast with PayPal. In fact, if they don't find in my favor, I'm blocking PayPal. If anyone else has had similar issues we should start a ban PayPal movement - too many other vendors in this payment space and I have been a very active customer for a long time. Fingers crossed they do the right thing!

Login to Me Too

rehlert

This company is ridicujlous.  Completely false advertising for a welcome sign.  I have never seen a product so ridiculously constructed.  It took 3 months to arrive in the mail and when it did, I was completely disappointed and disgusted.  Stay AWAY from any product that this company advertises...it is a complete SCAM!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.