Another Chinese scam - CB CO.,LTD - Talking/Singing Pumpkins

bjblackmore
Contributor
Contributor

Saw some talking/signing pumpkins, which were being sold on <removed>, which I stupidly though were legit. After waiting 3 weeks for them to arrive, they were nothing like advertised - meant to talk, sing, have animated face with a mini projector inside. What arrived was 3 cheap plastic static pumpkins you could buy from dollar tree.

Seller is CB CO.,LTD. Do not go near them, and not buy these crappy pumpkins, especially with Halloween coming up. Get them from a physical shop so you can be sure!

Login to Me Too
80 REPLIES 80

bethann74
Contributor
Contributor

called paypal number filing a dispute and wanting my money back. The number is [Removed. Phone #s not permitted] email me at above address. I think we need to get a lawyer on this. They made millions off this scam and should not be allowed to get by with it.

Login to Me Too

Fatherofmaddog
Contributor
Contributor
First things first; go to your local police station and file a police report and have the ‘evidence’ entered into as evidence. File a formal criminal complaint. The seller will have to address that with Paypal first. Also the criminal complaint means they cannot hide in China and Paypal cannot help them hide. Next contact your state attorney general. Give them the address in Los Angeles for Bestope. Lastly, if you want, file a complaint with State of California for Bestope with tax authorities. Something tells me that the California Franchise tax board may have an interest in this too.
Login to Me Too

Sniggles1
I received my $25.00 piece of Chinese crap from this company. I mailed it back and asked for a refund. I had no reply, and naturally no refund.
Login to Me Too

johnpaulie1
Contributor
Contributor

Was ripped off by this company, as well. Waiting for Paypal to correct this. They should not have ANY dealings with this company.

Login to Me Too

aliceab17
Contributor
Contributor

Please report to <removed>

I did a dispute with Paypal, but Paypal supports the seller not the buyer, even when there's fraudulent activity. I finally received a response to receive my full refund, but I have to return the plastic pumpkin by 8 days to China, although the label on the package states <removed> Brooklyn, NY <removed>. Sending the pumpkins back to China will cost an arm and a leg. So, in the end, they will win.  When buying outside of our beautiful U.S.A., research the vendor to make sure they are legitimate. Note Social Media is an open venue for this type of Scammers. 

Login to Me Too

bethann74
Contributor
Contributor

I just got a full refund for my $100 dollars!! Everyone who hasn't filed a complaint please do so, and those that have with no success I would call them to reopen it. They obviously have figured this scam out. Good luck everyone!!

Login to Me Too

EddieG826

Received my scam pumpkins and did my dispute with PayPal. They closed it out due to me not  showing a tracking number. Would cost $57 to send back to China. Even the return label on package is a farce. States Brooklyn but address is in Queens,  NY.

Login to Me Too

aliceab17
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I received a full refund, but it was a fight to the end. I was able to show I could not send the package, as the address to return wasn't in English, and I ask if there's was a U.S. address or a return label. You should call and speak to a Paypal representative, and inform them what happened. I also, reporting this company to the better business bureau.  Good luck. 

Login to Me Too

Shaystuff01
New Community Member
Did anyone get money back? I have been bickering back and forth with the company, but all they want to give me is a partial refund. One of my pumpkins came in with a completely bashed in face! I don’t know, maybe I should just take the $22 bucks and be done with it.
Login to Me Too

Miketheglassguy
Contributor
Contributor
Got complete refund. Send original ad plus garbage I received.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.