Another Chinese scam - CB CO.,LTD - Talking/Singing Pumpkins

bjblackmore
Contributor
Contributor

Saw some talking/signing pumpkins, which were being sold on <removed>, which I stupidly though were legit. After waiting 3 weeks for them to arrive, they were nothing like advertised - meant to talk, sing, have animated face with a mini projector inside. What arrived was 3 cheap plastic static pumpkins you could buy from dollar tree.

Seller is CB CO.,LTD. Do not go near them, and not buy these crappy pumpkins, especially with Halloween coming up. Get them from a physical shop so you can be sure!

Login to Me Too
80 REPLIES 80

rgerhardstein
Contributor
Contributor
Go to your PayPal activity page. Click on the purchase in question to pull up the specifics about the order. On the purchase detail page, there is a button to click that lets you start a dispute.
Login to Me Too

Kara1234
Same thing here. Mine has a cheap battery in it and it laughs and flashing light inside but it is very cheap plastic and fits in the palm of my hand. Absolutely not what I ordered and it was shipped from New York. I ordered this months ago and forgot I even ordered it. Looks cheaper than a happy meal toy.
Login to Me Too

Cherisis
Contributor
Contributor

I also got scammed by this company. I put in a complaint to receive a refund. I will also go to the BBB and whoever else I have too. I found  their ad on Facebook and they do have a facebook page. Hope everyone stops getting scammed by them.

Login to Me Too

bndm

Same thing happened to me.  The cheap dollar store shipped were damaged as well.  I did fill out a ICS scam form and submitted it.  Lesson learned, I guess?

Login to Me Too

superfsr
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue with this seller here too. The dollar store pumpkins I received were even damaged. I requested a refund, they told me to ship them back and they would give me a 40%  refund. I then sent them photos of the damaged product, a copy of their advertisement, and a copy of their "100% refund guarantee". Now they won't respond to me at all. PayPal should be at least partially responsible for the clients they work with. Amazon would give a full return and refund for the merchandise they sell. image2(2).jpegimage1(3).jpegimage0(4).jpeg

Login to Me Too

Valbygirl
Contributor
Contributor

I never got a response from the seller. PayPal keeps on closing my requests saying this product is not eligible for a refund. I wil never buy another product from FB. PayPal and FB are complicit in this scam.

Login to Me Too

Miketheglassguy
Contributor
Contributor
Mine came smashed as well and wire was broken inside so it wouldn’t work. PP is complicit in this scam. They are aware of complaints and yet still allow this to happen. Very disappointed.
Login to Me Too

Same exact thing happened to me.  They are offering to refund me $22 even thought I paid $44.  Ridiculous.  I am disputing my purchase with Paypal as we speak.  Hopefully some good will come out of it.

Login to Me Too

bethann74
Contributor
Contributor

I got scammed by these ppl too! Please if anyone is going to do anything about it can we all band together to get paypal and facebook to respond? There are a lot of us. Fox news already did a report about the problem.

Login to Me Too

bethann74
Contributor
Contributor

Everyone with problems with this company we need to band together. my email is elizabethlewis74 @ hotmail .com.  Lets figure this out. Paypal needs to listen. facebook needs to listen. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.