Another Chinese scam - CB CO.,LTD - Talking/Singing Pumpkins

bjblackmore
Contributor
Contributor

Saw some talking/signing pumpkins, which were being sold on <removed>, which I stupidly though were legit. After waiting 3 weeks for them to arrive, they were nothing like advertised - meant to talk, sing, have animated face with a mini projector inside. What arrived was 3 cheap plastic static pumpkins you could buy from dollar tree.

Seller is CB CO.,LTD. Do not go near them, and not buy these crappy pumpkins, especially with Halloween coming up. Get them from a physical shop so you can be sure!

Login to Me Too
80 REPLIES 80

Dboero4
Contributor
Contributor
The pumpkins are not the only scam with pay pal. I’d also ordered the animated puppy for my granddaughter and it was the same as the pumpkin. A dollar store toy. Said it was USA but it shipped from China. Pay Pal seems to be involved with many fraudulent companies and does nothing to help their customers. $44.00 return shipping for 50 cent pumpkin is ridiculous.
Login to Me Too

Suntracker
Contributor
Contributor

I got scammed too!  Three cheap little plastic jack-o-lanterns that flashed and made noises was sent.  CB CO., LTD will not respond.  

Login to Me Too

justamandakay
Contributor
Contributor
I fell for it too! Please let me know if anyone finds out what we can do about this!
Login to Me Too

Suntracker
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE:  Went through PayPal Resolution Center.  Thieves offered partial refund and I refused. I demanded full refund and if they wanted their crap back, they pay the full cost to ship it.  Thieves then countered with an offer of a full refund, only if I pay to return the crap.  At this point in the resolution process, PayPal does not offer me any chance to refuse that offer. My only option now is that I have 10 days to return the crap and provide proof that I shipped the crap and then the Thieves have to confirm they received the crap before the Thieves refund my money.  So it seems that my only recourse, if I want my money back, is to pay several hundred dollars to ship a fifty dollar (paid, not actual value) piece of crap to a Communist country, to a pack of thieves and trust that they would be honest and report to PayPal that they received the crap, in a small window of ten days.  WOW, what a resolution!!!  I guess I was naive to think by purchasing any item through PayPal that I would be afforded some sort of consumer protection.  I guessed wrong.  From the number of complaints rolling in, it appears that PayPal is still allowing these commie thieves to conduct business on the PayPal platform victimizing more PayPal customers. Does PayPal have anyone monitoring fraudulent conduct by sellers?  Just venting to my fellow victims here.  I doubt PayPal monitors these community postings to gather customer feedback and try to actually help anyone.

Login to Me Too

Dboero4
Contributor
Contributor
Pay Pal could care less. Same thing happened to me, and do they think a fraudulent company will be truthful that they received the return? I’m complaining to the FTC and BBB and done with PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Dboero4
Contributor
Contributor
Fraudulent companies either go out of business quickly or change their name.
Login to Me Too

justamandakay
Contributor
Contributor
I fell for it too! Please let me know if anyone figures out what we can do about this!
Login to Me Too

Valbygirl
Contributor
Contributor

Mine came from BESTOPE, but same exact story. Arrived with no invoice, a cheap plastic 4" pumpkin no projector no speaker. A fraud and a scam. 

Login to Me Too

Tracytwinsmom
Contributor
Contributor
Yep me too! Just arrived today and I thought what are these ??? I remembered, oh my god these are supposed to be the pumpkins I ordered for 70.00 bucks . Is there really no recourse with PayPal or Facebook for this ? 😳 wow
Login to Me Too

Tracytwinsmom
Contributor
Contributor
My update : PayPal “ resolution “ is that I have to send back to China at my expense with proof of tracking . Once they get confirmation money will be refunded . So I have to spend more money after my 98.00 already to hope that’s not a scam too! Here’s your resolution from PayPal everyone!!! I’m just using credit card from now on for anything over 30.00 period .
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.