Another Chinese scam - CB CO.,LTD - Talking/Singing Pumpkins

bjblackmore
Contributor
Contributor

Saw some talking/signing pumpkins, which were being sold on <removed>, which I stupidly though were legit. After waiting 3 weeks for them to arrive, they were nothing like advertised - meant to talk, sing, have animated face with a mini projector inside. What arrived was 3 cheap plastic static pumpkins you could buy from dollar tree.

Seller is CB CO.,LTD. Do not go near them, and not buy these crappy pumpkins, especially with Halloween coming up. Get them from a physical shop so you can be sure!

Login to Me Too
80 REPLIES 80

rgerhardstein
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your post. It was very helpful. Before I added my post to this thread, I had previously opened a dispute about shipping (because they never sent me an order confirmation or shipping confirmation). Within that dispute thread, the company finally sent the shipping confirmation and I did receive the product. Unfortunately now that I have received the product and it was not as described (ie, I did not receive the jabberjack talking projector pumpkins but rather a cheap plastic pumpkin). I have escalated the dispute and included some of the information you suggested. I am hoping I don’t have to file a separate dispute (that they will allow me to continue the original dispute for “lack of receipt of product” and upgrade it to “did not receive product as ordered”, but I will if I have to. PayPal and FB both need to help protect their customers from scams like this.
Login to Me Too

Kara1234
Wow that’s a lot of hoops to jump through. I got the exact same thing in the mail as you did but not sure I want to go through all of the hassle. 😔
Login to Me Too

2catsshy
Contributor
Contributor
Happy you received a refund. I did almost exactly what you did. Was offered $10 back from my $69.99 purchase. Declined it. Then was offered full refund if I returned the item at my expense to China at about $100. Because I didn't send tracking info within 2 days, PayPal closed my case. Though I did reply that this was part of the scam. Scammers know how to play the PayPal system to steal our money and PayPal is playing along.
Login to Me Too

bjblackmore
Contributor
Contributor
I wouldn't send the actual item back. Just send a blank envelope (or put a picture of someone giving the bird!! 😁), to the address, tracked. That's much cheaper, but gives you a tracking number to provide to PayPal!
Login to Me Too

Tracytwinsmom
Contributor
Contributor
Agreed same thing for me . My dispute” resolution” is to ship it back to them within 7 days ! I paid 98.00 what a scam. What a joke . So disappointed in PayPal . Will be using PayPal very limited now and always just use a credit card 😞
Login to Me Too

Suntracker
Contributor
Contributor

Seller offered me a full refund only if I ship the cheap $3 merchandise back to China! Thanks PayPal for letting customers get ripped off and doing very little to assist.

Login to Me Too

Miketheglassguy
Contributor
Contributor
Order 1 projector pumpkin, received dollar store pumpkin. Company responded with $12 refund. Filled dispute under ‘ item not as discribed’ and awaiting response. Seeing the number of fellow victims, it is beyond belief the PayPal would allow this to happen. Depending on the resolution, seriously considering canceling my PP account and warning others.
Login to Me Too

rgerhardstein
Contributor
Contributor

We fell victim to the same scam. The pumpkins were nothing like as advertised (PRODUCT details: Talking animated pumpkin with built-in projector & speaker). What I got was 3 plastic pumpkins that could have been purchased at the dollar store. The ad has been removed from FB. All I can do is hope that paypal can get my money back.

<removed>

Login to Me Too

2catsshy
Contributor
Contributor
Fell for a fb seller scam for the first time. Found out it was a scam before the (broken) plastic pumpkins arrived. Filed a dispute with links to promised item and pic of actual product received. Paid $69.99. Offered $10 back. Refused. Resolution was to send them back to China at my cost (about $120). I declined. Paypal denied my claim. This is happening over and over. Clearly, they know. I'd like to participate in any group action.
Login to Me Too

Southerngrl
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I have a similar issue with an order from China, but I did not purchase the pumpkins. I am trying to file a dispute and cannot get anyone on the phone nor will the site allow me to send my dispute. Can anybody help, this is so frustrating.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.