cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Chinese scam - CB CO.,LTD - Talking/Singing Pumpkins

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Another Chinese scam - CB CO.,LTD - Talking/Singing Pumpkins

The very same company is now operating the same scam via a different name - HoneySky. Their webpage is http://honeysky.net/  . What makes me sad is to see that their post on Facebook has been shared 14k times. It means that they are spending big on Facebook advertising, with the money you paid them for fake pumpkins. So the very same fake pumpkin scammers are pulling the exact same trick but this time is with a product called "Halloween Holographic Projection" I am expecting to see hundreds of people complaining here.

I believe they now have 60 active ads on Facebook and their video has been seen 3.2 million times!! this is their page <removed>

What **bleep** me off most, is the fact that PayPal and Facebook are actively allowing for this to happen. Even if you report the page, they don't do anything. They don't take it out, the adverts are still going strong.

scam.JPG

If you've fallen for the scam already and the product is being shipped to you, try to intercept the package and refuse it. If you've received a form from customs to pay a fee, just don't pay it. What you will get will not be what they are advertising . My wife fall for it, so this is a first hand experience. 

Highlighted
Contributor

Since PayPal has known about it for quite some time and has not blocked them nor warned customers of a possible scam, maybe we should all stop doing business with them? I don’t want to deal with a company who clearly doesn’t care about their customers.
Highlighted
New Community Member

Thank you so much for your review!! I literally was just getting ready to buy 2 of those holographic projectors on FB but somehow lost the page while trying to checkout. I decided to Google the company website instead and came across this. You just saved me 130 bucks! Whew!! Sorry that happened to you 😞
Highlighted
Contributor

@HVF21221 @Chevyman86 @justamandakay @Suntracker @katerinakatinka @jhgerman @2catsshy @croesychick @Dboero4 @rgerhardstein 
Today I managed to receive a full refund from PayPal ($46)! I'll help advise if I can. Open the dispute as 'Item received not as described'. Then upload the pictures from the shop where purchased/as advertised (see below for the pics I used), along with pictures of those you received! Include the functions & full details of what was advertised. This is my opening dispute:

"Item was described as talking animated pumpkin with a built in projector. Also should be 3 different faces. What arrived was a cheap plastic pumpkin with a flashing LED. It doesn't sing, and there's no projector inside."

Then they asked for more info, so I submitted more screenshots with the below:

"This is a scam. They advertised a pumpkin with a mini projector inside, that sings and shows a moving face, called a 'jabbering jack pumpkin'. What is sent is a cheap plastic static pumpkin that you can buy from dollar tree. I suspect others have raised cases against this same seller! This is the order. You can see what's advertised is nothing like what was sent." (sent a link to the order page)

Finally, on Monday I had to send a signed & dated document, saying what I said was true, and I would say it under penalty of perjury.

PayPal Claim.pngAdvetisedItem2.jpgAdvertised Item.jpg

Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks for your post. It was very helpful. Before I added my post to this thread, I had previously opened a dispute about shipping (because they never sent me an order confirmation or shipping confirmation). Within that dispute thread, the company finally sent the shipping confirmation and I did receive the product. Unfortunately now that I have received the product and it was not as described (ie, I did not receive the jabberjack talking projector pumpkins but rather a cheap plastic pumpkin). I have escalated the dispute and included some of the information you suggested. I am hoping I don’t have to file a separate dispute (that they will allow me to continue the original dispute for “lack of receipt of product” and upgrade it to “did not receive product as ordered”, but I will if I have to. PayPal and FB both need to help protect their customers from scams like this.
Highlighted

Wow that’s a lot of hoops to jump through. I got the exact same thing in the mail as you did but not sure I want to go through all of the hassle. 😔
Highlighted
Contributor

Happy you received a refund. I did almost exactly what you did. Was offered $10 back from my $69.99 purchase. Declined it. Then was offered full refund if I returned the item at my expense to China at about $100. Because I didn't send tracking info within 2 days, PayPal closed my case. Though I did reply that this was part of the scam. Scammers know how to play the PayPal system to steal our money and PayPal is playing along.
Highlighted
Contributor

I wouldn't send the actual item back. Just send a blank envelope (or put a picture of someone giving the bird!! 😁), to the address, tracked. That's much cheaper, but gives you a tracking number to provide to PayPal!
Highlighted
Contributor

Agreed same thing for me . My dispute” resolution” is to ship it back to them within 7 days ! I paid 98.00 what a scam. What a joke . So disappointed in PayPal . Will be using PayPal very limited now and always just use a credit card 😞
Highlighted
Contributor

Seller offered me a full refund only if I ship the cheap $3 merchandise back to China! Thanks PayPal for letting customers get ripped off and doing very little to assist.