Another Chinese scam - CB CO.,LTD - Talking/Singing Pumpkins

bjblackmore
Contributor
Contributor

Saw some talking/signing pumpkins, which were being sold on <removed>, which I stupidly though were legit. After waiting 3 weeks for them to arrive, they were nothing like advertised - meant to talk, sing, have animated face with a mini projector inside. What arrived was 3 cheap plastic static pumpkins you could buy from dollar tree.

Seller is CB CO.,LTD. Do not go near them, and not buy these crappy pumpkins, especially with Halloween coming up. Get them from a physical shop so you can be sure!

Login to Me Too
80 REPLIES 80

You're better off than those of us who received the pieces of @#$%.  We had to pay money to return them.  

Login to Me Too

linkinannie
Contributor
Contributor
Did you actually get your money back when you returned?
Login to Me Too

Dboero4
Contributor
Contributor
I wasn’t paying $44.00 to return it to China on top of what I’d already paid.
Login to Me Too

Susie77q
New Community Member
I have been waiting for a product also every time I ask for a refund they say they will ship my order it’s frustrating
Login to Me Too

Blazer2525
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered from them in the beginning of September.  After not receiving the singing pumpkins at the end of the month, I started communications with them.  They kept saying they would update the tracking, but never did. I filed a dispute with Paypal.  Well..today I got the order. I too got little, cheap dollar store pumpkins.  I contacted Paypal and they changed my claim to "wasn't what was ordered."  I have to wait for the company to reply now.  I would hope Paypal wouldn't cheat their members, if it is happening to several of us.  I will keep you updated on what happens.

Login to Me Too

Jjotto98
Keep everyone posted. This is a travesty. The better business bureau should get involved.
Login to Me Too

croesychick
Contributor
Contributor
Not only have I paid £40 for these rubbishy pumpkins that would have cost pennies to make, but I had to pay £11.13p CUSTOMS CHARGES!!!!!!! I'm furious!!!!!
Login to Me Too

I ordered the advertised MINI WOOD CUTTING LITHIUM CHAINSAW        .......What i got was a small HACKSAW !!!! ...unbelievable !!!

Login to Me Too

jhgerman
Contributor
Contributor

Same story here... Now, it occurred to me that PayPal is the only common thing among all the victims of this fraud, and I just don't get it how PayPal, after so many complains over the same issue, continues allowing people like us, to keep transferring money to a company that is obviously a scam.... 

Login to Me Too

Dboero4
Contributor
Contributor
Pay Pal does nothing to protect their customers so I’m done using them. The resolution was a refund for the item if I sent it back....to China! The cheapest postage was $44.00. I’d already paid shipping and customs for a item they said was USA. It’s Fraud and Pay Pal allows it.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.