Another Chinese scam - CB CO.,LTD - Talking/Singing Pumpkins

bjblackmore
Contributor
Contributor

Saw some talking/signing pumpkins, which were being sold on <removed>, which I stupidly though were legit. After waiting 3 weeks for them to arrive, they were nothing like advertised - meant to talk, sing, have animated face with a mini projector inside. What arrived was 3 cheap plastic static pumpkins you could buy from dollar tree.

Seller is CB CO.,LTD. Do not go near them, and not buy these crappy pumpkins, especially with Halloween coming up. Get them from a physical shop so you can be sure!

Login to Me Too
80 REPLIES 80

2catsshy
Contributor
Contributor
She for me. Case closed. No refund for me.
Login to Me Too

HVF21221
New Community Member

Same thing. I fell for it also. Cheap junk sent. What I can't believe is that Facebook blocks any links that mention this fraud on their site and Paypal will not help us when they were part of the fraud committed. I cant believe so many people were taken. Mine were sent USPS so I believe I could file a mail fraud claim but doubt it would get me my money back.  

Login to Me Too

Fatherofmaddog
Contributor
Contributor

Mine was Bestope - All the same - Cheap Chinese **bleep** compliments of the Shenzhen **bleep**show of the China Communist Party. If I don’t get my money back I am canceling my Paypal account. Speak with your feet. Also **bleep** China.

Login to Me Too

Chevyman86
same thing happened to me. It was a Facebook ad. I payed $67.00 for 3 of them, and I got sent 3 cheap dollar tree pumpkins. I want a full refund.
Login to Me Too

DHarty
Contributor
Contributor

I got scammed by these people too for $100 for the talking pumpkins.  I waited over 2 months for the items to arrive and since I didn't get them, I filed a dispute with PayPal.  I received 3 small pumpkins that probably cost $4 each in a discount store and now Paypal will do nothing!!  I am beginning to hate Paypal.  That is a coffee cup beside them!!  I am so angry I don't know what to do now!!

Pumpkins.jpg

Login to Me Too

Dboero4
Contributor
Contributor
I was just scammed by this company too. Today I received a tiny, poorly made, Dollar store plastic pumpkin worth a dollar at best. I paid $26.00. I am going to make complaints, especially to FB who should review their ads.
Login to Me Too

PeteTheCat
Contributor
Contributor

The very same company is now operating the same scam via a different name - HoneySky. Their webpage is http://honeysky.net/  . What makes me sad is to see that their post on Facebook has been shared 14k times. It means that they are spending big on Facebook advertising, with the money you paid them for fake pumpkins. So the very same fake pumpkin scammers are pulling the exact same trick but this time is with a product called "Halloween Holographic Projection" I am expecting to see hundreds of people complaining here.

I believe they now have 60 active ads on Facebook and their video has been seen 3.2 million times!! this is their page <removed>

What **bleep** me off most, is the fact that PayPal and Facebook are actively allowing for this to happen. Even if you report the page, they don't do anything. They don't take it out, the adverts are still going strong.

scam.JPG

If you've fallen for the scam already and the product is being shipped to you, try to intercept the package and refuse it. If you've received a form from customs to pay a fee, just don't pay it. What you will get will not be what they are advertising . My wife fall for it, so this is a first hand experience. 

Login to Me Too

Dboero4
Contributor
Contributor
Since PayPal has known about it for quite some time and has not blocked them nor warned customers of a possible scam, maybe we should all stop doing business with them? I don’t want to deal with a company who clearly doesn’t care about their customers.
Login to Me Too

Rdotishot
New Community Member
Thank you so much for your review!! I literally was just getting ready to buy 2 of those holographic projectors on FB but somehow lost the page while trying to checkout. I decided to Google the company website instead and came across this. You just saved me 130 bucks! Whew!! Sorry that happened to you 😞
Login to Me Too

bjblackmore
Contributor
Contributor

@HVF21221 @Chevyman86 @justamandakay @Suntracker @katerinakatinka @jhgerman @2catsshy @croesychick @Dboero4 @rgerhardstein 
Today I managed to receive a full refund from PayPal ($46)! I'll help advise if I can. Open the dispute as 'Item received not as described'. Then upload the pictures from the shop where purchased/as advertised (see below for the pics I used), along with pictures of those you received! Include the functions & full details of what was advertised. This is my opening dispute:

"Item was described as talking animated pumpkin with a built in projector. Also should be 3 different faces. What arrived was a cheap plastic pumpkin with a flashing LED. It doesn't sing, and there's no projector inside."

Then they asked for more info, so I submitted more screenshots with the below:

"This is a scam. They advertised a pumpkin with a mini projector inside, that sings and shows a moving face, called a 'jabbering jack pumpkin'. What is sent is a cheap plastic static pumpkin that you can buy from dollar tree. I suspect others have raised cases against this same seller! This is the order. You can see what's advertised is nothing like what was sent." (sent a link to the order page)

Finally, on Monday I had to send a signed & dated document, saying what I said was true, and I would say it under penalty of perjury.

PayPal Claim.pngAdvetisedItem2.jpgAdvertised Item.jpg

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.