Another China Scam ysole Co., Ltd

flajeepdiver
Contributor
Contributor

Have you gotten the old We will refund you 10% or so routine if you ship it back?  or you can sell it to make up the difference?

ysole Co., Ltd is using that BS after they send an item not worth 10% of what you paid.

Forget it you are never going to see your money again and PayPal is not protecting it's buyers.

Then they expect you to ship it to China - The return address is California on the package,  but they tell you to send it to Scamsville China. 

Consignee: ZhengweiAddress: <removed> Guangdong, ChinaPhone: <removed>
Login to Me Too
105 REPLIES 105

China-scam
I just got boned too. PayPal is doing nothing to protect the consumer. I was sent a piece of junk to which Ysole responded that it must have been an error on the website. They offered a 10% refund and graciously offered to let me keep the object they used in their bait and switch scam. A reputable company should have offered to send a replacement or cover the cost of returning the object. It’s all about money. If they scam 10 people out of $25 on each item they post and the post thousands of items, they will easily next $2.5 million dollars, after PayPal their cut it’s still a significant amount. Not to mention the cut rate deal they get on passage from government run China Post. These tactics hurt reputable sellers as I now look closely at the origin of items and pass if it’s China or it can’t be in my possession within the week. Shame on PayPal for enabling this criminal activity.
Login to Me Too

toddm2
Contributor
Contributor

File a complaint against Paypal with your state's Attorney General, dispute the charge with your credit card if you can.   This has been happening for months, the pattern is clear, Paypal is clearly enabling this fraudulent activity.  Hundreds of forum posts on the same scam here and on manufacturers webpages, even the BBB has articles out how these Chinese scammers are using Paypal's policies against them and still Paypal does nothing. 

Login to Me Too

Adiravivi
This is also happened to me!!! Shame on paypal
Login to Me Too

TinaKD
Contributor
Contributor

The problem is we don’t know who we’re buying off half of the time. Facebook and PayPal are to blame for this because they know who they are. Robbing off the poor and giving it to the rich is what they’re are doing.  If I’d have known it was China I would never have made the purchase. I’ve had the same problem and PayPal are being complete arseholes. Looking at the rest of the comments I can say bye bye to my hard earned cash. Thanks for **bleep** all PayPal. They gave me 3 days to reply and Ysole months. I trusted PayPal,but never again. Looks like the good old credit card will be used in future purchases.  

Login to Me Too

birdysusan

Guys: pay for the item using American Express and if there is an issue, tell American Express and you can dispute the transaction. I bought a juicer and was sent a cheap crap one and I returned it costing me $40. Juicer cost $139. Paypal didn't help me so I contacted American Express and they returned my money. The Chinese company would not return the money. They too were based in Hong Kong or China. It's all a scam.

Login to Me Too

Temp20231022a
Contributor
Contributor

It saddens me that this is still happening even after being within a new year.  A friend and I found what appears to have been a fake Zales website being advertised on Facebook.  So, 1) I'm disappointed in Facebook for allowing scammers to advertise and take the money of the American public.  We ordered four items and about a month later, got small boxes with pieces of jewelry we did not order.  The items came from PO Box 6368 in Rosemead, CA.  I wrote to the seller regarding the poor quality and wrong items.  I did not receive a response.  I contacted PayPal.  While they moved quickly in contacting the seller, I did receive a message that I would have to return the items.  I returned the items to the CA address provided on the envelope, not fully looking at the message from PayPal.  I mean, I was already ticked for having to pay to return items when they were the wrong ones sent.   A postage paid label would have been nice.  Further reviewing the message from PayPal later, the expectation was that I would send the items back to China.  The address was written in Chinese. 2) Paypal actually expects me to send the money back to China to have my money refunded.  The only way that would have been possible was if i had cut and pasted the address given to create the label.  Even then, I question whether the post office would have been able to get it to China.  So, now, I'm waiting to see if the package will be returned so that I can actually send it to China or if PayPal will recognize the utter ridiculousness that has occurred and refund my money.  I also hope they stop allowing scammers (with the help of consumers identifying them) to stop using their platform for money exchanges.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.