Another Case of Seller Fraud

rbaker6838
New Community Member

During the Toilet Paper panic I ordered online an 8 Pack of Charmin Toilet Paper from a Company going by the name Hot Grills and got an email acknowledgement back. When I looked at the Pay Pal Invoice it indicated the Seller was 'xi an demaoyuntian E commerce co.ltd" in Chima. I became suspicious but waited a week and with no shipping info or way to contact Seller I filed a Resolution Request with Paypal. I indicated that the package was not shipped and I was suspicious of Fraud. Paypal did escalate as Dispute based on Product not shipped. Well within a few days seller sent a Tracking Notice to Paypal indicating a Package was shipped on April 11, 2020 by Postal Service. On May 7th 2020 a small flat 8x11inch Postal Envelope arrived . It contained a unwrapped small about 2 inches round roll of toilet paper.  I sent emails to Paypal using the complaint  mailbox requesting they don't rule in favor of the Seller and explaining I did not receive what I ordered. I then got an email from Paypal alerting me that the Case was ruled in favor of Seller because they received verification package was delivered. There was no acknowledgement I know had a complaint about not getting the Product I ordered. Tried to go to Resolution Center and notify Paypal about my updated complaint. I imediately received a new case # and it went straight to Case Closed ruled in favor of Seller.

It would have been better had I waited for a Package to then file a claim that I did not get what I ordered. But Paypal should still have a system wher the Buyer does not give up their right to still complain if they don't get what they ordered and seek restitution.

I am disappointed in Paypal and don't believe I will use Paypal in the future. There is no way to contact an Agent or reopen a case. Basically in this case Paypal allowed for a system that a Seller in China could commit Fraud with no intentions of ever providing the Product advertises.

I doubt I will ever hear from Paypal on the email to the Complaint mailbox. I can only hope Paypal has cut off the Seller listed above so that they cannot continue to commit Fraud and use Paypal as the tool to collect money.

I did use a Credit Card but I doubt I have recourse thru the Credit Card Company because it went thru Paypal. It was only $25.00 but Paypal needs a system for Buyers or Sellers to complain if they rule before checking with Buyer on whether the correct order was received.

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

Jessica1971
New Community Member
Same seller. I bought three pairs of shoes. It wasn't until I filed a complaint that I got TWO pairs, wring size, and NOTHING like what I ordered. I guess PayPal is also a fraudulent company if they back other fraudulent Companies. If they don't handle this in my favor, I'm going on a mission to publicly shame PayPal.
Login to Me Too

wThompson
Contributor
Contributor

This is sad, PayPal knowingly allows this company to continue to use their services. You should not have to ship back a wrong product in order to get your money back, then they give you the stupid address in Chinese and the postmaster can't ship it. RIDICULOUS! I am done with PayPal.

Login to Me Too

nhfl
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same thing!!!  Is it true that the money is just gone?  Paypal so far has not been helpful at all.  I am also not interested in doing any business with PayPal in the future.

Login to Me Too

Itsmepebbles
Contributor
Contributor
I started a dispute in March I thought I was buying a large ceramic Christmas tree and I received a broken knockoff pair of sunglasses. I paid $76 and I too had to ship it back to a different name and address in Hong Kong. I track it frequently and it left the Hong Kong airport on April 27 to go to the destination in HONG KONG and still nothing from PayPal except it waiting for information that it was received. I googled the address, it’s a restaurant supposedly. Frustrated doesn’t cover it.
Login to Me Too

wThompson
Contributor
Contributor

This is ridiculous, company agreed to refund but have to ship product back to them at my expense. PayPal needs some way of checking these companies out before allowing them to go through them for pay. Ordered Charmin toilet tissue during this COVID-19, and what I received was what looks like rolls of gauze. 3 inches wide with no core at a cost of $67.82. I think I may just forget using PayPal as it seems they always have stipulations before you can get your money back. Ridiculous!

Login to Me Too

pyoungs
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing here. Happened with toilet paper and paper towels. I even sent screen shots of what I purchased and the website no longer being there. I followed their little game though. After first starting a claim for items not recieved plus fraud (why doesn't PayPal have a claim section specifically for fraud?), PayPal sent back info from the seller of a tracking number. I waited 6 weeks for fraudulent items to come in the mail (I knew this would happen). When I got them I changed the claim to items not described and sent pics. Pics of the items and the screen shots of the items I actually purchased. The seller had the audacity to tell PayPal if I send them back I will get a refund. Normally things would end there. However, this company/person has me mad as well does PayPal. So I paid a lot of money to ship the useless items back. In the end, with the refund & shipping refund from PayPal, I would have only been out $10. I send PayPal the tracking number, submitted a refund for shipping through PayPal, which only covers up to $30. Now since COVID shipping has been horrendous. I have been waiting for over a month for this package to get to the destination. Its still in transit. I check it often. Here's the kicker, I just received a notice that my claim was closed and in favor of the seller because I did not send the items back. What the hell! The package is STILL in transit. I'm not giving up. I have contacted PayPal and will harass them till I get my money back.
Login to Me Too

jasonzszq
Contributor
Contributor

I had the exact same experience! This is a totally fraud/scam. I ordered more than 70 rolls of toilet paper worth almost $100 in April 2020. When I got the package after a month and I was shocked: it only had a mini roll which someone has already used 90% of it. Which is totally disgusting. Then I file a claim to Paypal to report this scam, the seller asked me to send back it yesterday. How dare you? Why would I spend another $20 to send back a worthless mini roll? I read another post, even the client sent it, the seller can still refuse to refund since it was in transit and Paypal is not helpful to help the customer to get the month back. I can imagine if I send it back, the seller can easily say they never receive it and then refuse to refund. 

People are suffering from the virus and the store is scamming our hard-earning money which is totally unacceptable!

Check this post, there are more victims:

https://www.scamdoc.com/view/212362

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Disputes-and-Limitations/USFITWEAR/m-p/2178010

There are clearly evidences to show this is a fraud, I don't understand why Paypal needed to follow these ridiculous procedures to ask victims to spend more money to send the useless mini roll back to the seller? Don't you think we already lost too much money? I am so disappointed Payal hasn't taken any actions. 

Here I am asking Paypal to do the following:

1. I request Paypal refund to me immediately! 

2. Suspend the seller's account right away and do a full investigation to refund all victims' hard-earned money.

If you are with me, please share some ideas on how we can get our money back. I reserve the right to sue both parties if no response.

Login to Me Too

jasonzszq
Contributor
Contributor

This is the scam website which can not be accessible now:

https://hotgrilhomes.com/ 

Login to Me Too

jasonzszq
Contributor
Contributor

Today I removed all of my credit cards from Paypal because of this event. I no longer feel safe to use Paypal. I will consider close this account completely if I haven't got any resolution from Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.