Annie Cloth "store" lists on PP as Confidence&Collaboration fashion studio.com

redbird99
Contributor
Contributor

This is TOTALLY fake, and a website for the above cannot even be located.

Elsewhere, I have seen that this "store" is under ChicV.

There are so many fake companies out there.

When huge #'s of complaints are made, why is PayPal siding with the frauds?

I used to completely trust PayPal.  Not any more.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

lizko7
New Community Member

Go to econsumer.gov to file complains about oversees companies.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@redbird99 

A company may have 200 complaints but 20,000 ok sales so paypal will do business with them until there are too many complaints.

Paypal gives you some buyer and some seller protection but they are not insurance policies and the onus to risk assess transactions is on us the buyer.

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lizko7
New Community Member

Does anyone know where to complain about this online store? They take full payment then ship whenenver they want from China. I had no idea that i was buying directly from China.

Login to Me Too

AKMARMOT
Contributor
Contributor

YES, I talked to a message that popped up.  They said US store and US sizes.  Said Annie's.  Then I see on my bank statement items where from China.  I am very upset when my bank statement said order was from China.  Items from China are not the same size as US sizes.  If you are a 6 in US, you are a 14 in China.  This Confidence&Collaboration fashion studio.com is deceptive and not even what I ordered from.  Not true.  I haven't even received anything from this site.

Login to Me Too
Solved

lizko7
New Community Member

Go to econsumer.gov to file complains about oversees companies.

Login to Me Too

MoChic11
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal this is a terrible response to basic premise of this thread - which is if YOU are getting multiple complaints that a mechant is using deceptive practices, then why do YOU continue to facilitate these fraudulent transactions? QUIT PASSING THE BUCK and accept that PayPal has a role in all this deception!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MoChic11 

Can't see anywhere that paypal have replied to this thread???

Can you point me to their post?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

blkh77
Contributor
Contributor
EXACTLY!!!!
Login to Me Too

SRP19
Contributor
Contributor

Something is not right with AnnieCloth. I did not realize I was ordering from China, either. The quality of the products are terrible and the pictures on the website do not accurately represent what I received. Their return policy is not acceptable. I am surprised that PayPal is involved in a shady company such as this.

Login to Me Too

redbird99
Contributor
Contributor

the company that owns Annie Cloth has multiple "stores" and they advertise EVERYWHERE.  ANY site that accepts ads can get their or the other pseudo-companies' ads with no way to control them.  Because there are so many, it is also hard to control all the crap they pull.  They are all over facebook, ebay, amazon, etc.

Just be VERY aware of sites you order from.  Before sending ANY sensitive info / payment, search within the  website for contact info, addresses, phone, etc.  If things seem to go in circles AT ALL, GET OUT.

Like I said, MANY MANY different "stores" are running this scam, and it is 100% a scam.  They use photos from real websites,  then do god knows what to "fulfill" the orders.  They are very technologically and legally sophisticated, so no matter what happens if you place ANY kind of order, they can get money out of you.  THEY ARE EVIL.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.