Animatronic "The Child" Doll (Baby Yoda)

BennysSoapBox
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone purchase the animatronic baby yodas from FaceBook?  I paid $49.99 for two, waited 8 weeks and received two 7" tall plastic resin statues.  Not even CLOSE to what I ordered.  Now I'm going to get **bleep** out of my money because "ourinspirelife" (seller) says they will only give my money back if I send them back to China!  Here is the return shipping address I received: (well, they don't allow Chinese character here - imagine that, but it's allowed as a return address in the resolution center)....how the hell am I supposed to do this?  How much would it cost me if I could?

Well, Paypal is ignoring my chat.  I have no option in the resolution center except to upload my return shipping information.  Guess I'm **bleep**.  Learn from my mistake.  I have been a Paypal member for many, many years, but I will be done with it if they let this criminal, thieving Chinese seller to steal my money like this.  They should be ashamed for letting this go on.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BennysSoapBox 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country because....

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.
Contact customer services and they should translate the address for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LadyLuckFlorida
New Community Member

Ourinspirelife

5A07, Block A, Bulong City, No. 20 Bulong Road, Sanlian Community, Jihua Street, Longgang District, Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province

Google Translate

Login to Me Too

mikiemo
New Community Member
Same song, second verse. My experience was hauntingly similar. Just with 2 "rc blackhawk helicopters" that turned into 2 small die cast models instead. I guess that's all I can expect from thieving communist **bleep**.
Login to Me Too

JRB30
Contributor
Contributor
Me too, I've been trying to resolve this issue since May. Recieved a rubbish plastic figure, worth about £6.00 😨
Login to Me Too

Abbey12

I had the exact problem with the exact same seller... only they didn't ship it to me until over a month later when I requested a refund, that's when they sent it to me without checking to see if I still wanted it.  At which point I received a cheap chunk of plastic.  I'm trying to contact PayPal to try and get the seller to pay for shipping if they want their precious piece of junk back that badly.  I sent the link to PayPal for this community post, so hopefully they'll see that this seller is ripping people off.

Login to Me Too

true777
Contributor
Contributor

this is crazy. I'm trying to file a dispute for fraudulent company and it won't let me select "wrong or defective"

Login to Me Too

true777
Contributor
Contributor

I just got refunded

Login to Me Too

paul-38
Yes my 10 year old bought one with his Christmas money and is heart broken. I've opened a case with PayPal but it's taking for ever to sort. Feel like I'm the one in wrong with them asking me 101 questions too. Sent a pic of item was promised and item received and a email I sent them about the item stating what it was. Think it's disgusting that companies can sell things like this on Facebook. Surely PayPal can see what they are doing just by the list of people in the same boat. Hopefully PayPal can sort it as I use them a lot because of their customer service.
Login to Me Too

JRB30
Contributor
Contributor
I returned the stupid plastic figure to China and never even got a response from them, that they received it. It was probably sent out again to someone else
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.