An unauthorized bank transfer

Alex_19991
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there

I need to get some help

I had received this sms:

"P‎ay‎Pa‎l Fr‎au‎d A‎le‎rt: Are you trying to p‎ay 528.95 USD ?

If yes, ig‎nore this ale‎rt. If no, c‎ancel it now: <removed>

From this number:
<removed>

And when i open the link they ask me for my login information of my paypal account.
Is it from PayPal? Or is it a try to steal me?
Please let me know as soon as possible

Thank you so much in advance. 
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

ssummersVillage
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Alex_19991 ,  

It is possible that we contacted you by text message or through an automated call.

To verify if the message you received is really from PayPal, log in to your PayPal account securely by typing paypal.com  into your browser's address bar and go to your Resolution Center.  Your Resolution Center will contain information on any account issue we may have contacted you about.

If you receive a suspicious text message or call, do not provide your personal or financial information, and do not click on any links.

If you provided personal or financial information, change your password and security questions immediately, and report the incident to your bank and card issuer.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

ssummersVillage
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Alex_19991 ,  

It is possible that we contacted you by text message or through an automated call.

To verify if the message you received is really from PayPal, log in to your PayPal account securely by typing paypal.com  into your browser's address bar and go to your Resolution Center.  Your Resolution Center will contain information on any account issue we may have contacted you about.

If you receive a suspicious text message or call, do not provide your personal or financial information, and do not click on any links.

If you provided personal or financial information, change your password and security questions immediately, and report the incident to your bank and card issuer.

Login to Me Too

Alex_19991
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much for your response. I've checked the resolution center and I've seen zero open cases and zero closed cases. As I understand then it was a spam, right?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.