cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amount charged to my bankcard was different than the amount on Confirmation Email

Highlighted
New Community Member

Amount charged to my bankcard was different than the amount on Confirmation Email

Is it common for the amount to increase when using PayPal for an online purchase?  I received a confirmation of the amount $32.98, but my bankcard was charged $33.24.  Granted the difference is only 26 cents, but if the occurrence is widespread, it would add up.  Also, will this be easy to resolve?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Amount charged to my bankcard was different than the amount on Confirmation Email

@RussellsMom 

On the PayPal receipt, does it mention that the amount ($32.98) may not be the final amount charged by the merchant? Such as "The amount above may not be the final purchase price. Once the transaction completes, you can view the final amount by logging into your PayPal account and viewing the transaction history." A merchant can use the Authorization to Capture method with PayPal and could increase the final amount charged due to sales tax, shipping, changes in price, etc. So you'd have to ask the merchant why there is a difference.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂