Amelia Quilt purchase

faroutvintage
Contributor
Contributor

I am still waiting for any information about the quilt that I ordered 3 weeks ago so I did a google search about this company and here's what I've found from the Better Business Bureau:  

Amelia Cotton Quilt Co. is a scam, the consumer rating services said Tuesday, and the phony business has been “scamming consumers across the country” during the holidays.

Better Business Bureau’s Pacific Northwest wing has processed hundreds of complaints from consumers who said they bought a cotton quilt but haven’t received anything from the alleged business. More than two dozen reviewers posted comments on the BBB’s website describing losing out on anywhere from $65 to more than $200 in quilts.

There is no business registered with that name or any deviation in the state of Oregon. The business is allegedly connected to a home in Northeast Salem.

How can this place even have a Paypal account to accept payments? I've filed a complaint, but now have to wait to get my money back! 

Login to Me Too
56 REPLIES 56

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@faroutvintage

If a company gets loads of disputes against it and does not issue refunds then paypal may consider suspending their accounts.

However whilst paypal give you 'some' buyer protection it is never going to be a 100% coverall so its up to you to risk assess who you buy from and your own transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

RjM319
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered two separate times, the first one I received through  DHL.  Ordered in Late November 2018 and received the quilt in December 2018.
Ordered another a week after the first and never received the item. I had one email response stating it was looking into the matter. The next time email came back and the website was down.

I believe the company/people received so many orders and were not able to deliver on the orders. Possibly someone in the U.S. 'Oregon'  being the middle person to send orders over to China for delivery and they were unable to fullfill the U.S. orders. So this middle person possibly in the U.S just closed shop and didn't deliver on refunds. Just my thoughts on the matter.

Login to Me Too

faroutvintage
Contributor
Contributor

I also read from someone scammed that the scam even went further with the company providing a tracking number thus paypal denied a refund since there was a tracking number! Someone else said they received a package with a rag in it instead of a quilt! I'm done buying anything if this is how it goes!

Login to Me Too

Gkaufdude
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased 2 of these quilts and used PayPal Credit as it supposed to be better protection. Both my quilts are have a DHL delivery number and have been shown to not have been any activity in 3 weeks. Paypal takes this as being fullfilled. PayPal had investigate further realize this is a scam even the BBB recognizes. I will be done with PayPal and will refuse to pay the charges.
Login to Me Too

tessaprn
Contributor
Contributor

Today after about 7 weeks of waiting I received one of two quilts I ordered.  It sit still for about  3 weeks and the other is still in limbo mode.  This quilt? is a piece of cloth (could have purchased at Hobby Lobby for about $20 tops).   Nothing like a quilt.  It is not what was advertised or even near appearance.  Hideous.  No return address or even country of origin noted.  I'm returning it.

Login to Me Too

LADIBLUEMOON
Contributor
Contributor

If you check your DHL tracking, the thing was sent from CHINA. LOL Amelia Quilt was supposed to be in Oregon...sheesh

Login to Me Too

shannon120

Same exact thing has happened to me!  No activity on DHL ecommerce tracking number.  It's a scam!  I have been trying to notify paypal that the tracking is fake and nothing has been sent.  Last date listed on the tracking is Jan. 10.  Absolutely no information from that time on.  The fake company just sends a tracking number to make it look as though it's being sent.  I will continue to fight this until I have a refund.  This is the first time I have ever had to make a claim.  One thing is for sure....I will always check a company out before ordering anything especially from FB.  There are a ton of scams out there!

Login to Me Too

Carolinagrl85
Did you ever get your money back? I ordered back in November and would like a refund since the quilt never came.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Carolinagrl85 

If you want to open a dispute you need to be quick as you only have up to 180 days to do so and you may be out of time.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.