Amelia Quilt purchase

faroutvintage
Contributor
Contributor

I am still waiting for any information about the quilt that I ordered 3 weeks ago so I did a google search about this company and here's what I've found from the Better Business Bureau:  

Amelia Cotton Quilt Co. is a scam, the consumer rating services said Tuesday, and the phony business has been “scamming consumers across the country” during the holidays.

Better Business Bureau’s Pacific Northwest wing has processed hundreds of complaints from consumers who said they bought a cotton quilt but haven’t received anything from the alleged business. More than two dozen reviewers posted comments on the BBB’s website describing losing out on anywhere from $65 to more than $200 in quilts.

There is no business registered with that name or any deviation in the state of Oregon. The business is allegedly connected to a home in Northeast Salem.

How can this place even have a Paypal account to accept payments? I've filed a complaint, but now have to wait to get my money back! 

Login to Me Too
56 REPLIES 56

NotAHappyCampa
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered one in November. It was to be delivered to my daughter as a Christmas gift. I would have been embarrassed if they had actually sent it. Now I have to fight PayPal for my money back. I'm not far from North Salem...if we had an address...
Login to Me Too

VOLS
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered the first of November as a Christmas gift and after complaints and emails it took 3 months to get a cheap, thin, screen printed piece of cloth. Totally a scam and misrepresented but PayPal side’s with the scam merchant. Unbelievable especially since they know they’re a scam.
Login to Me Too

MystiStar
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered early December. I received one of the two quilts that I ordered in mid-March. Sent emails that have been undeliverable to the “company”.
Login to Me Too

MarineMom75

I placed my order in November 2018. It is now 5 months later and I still have not received my quilt. I have been getting a few responses from the "company" that said it is being shipped, but delayed because it is coming from outside the U.S.  I had been given tracking numbers.  I did file a complaint through PayPal.  My dispute was decided in my favor and PayPal reversed the payment.  Good luck to the rest of you!

Login to Me Too

GeoinCO
Contributor
Contributor
Ordered my quilt "made in Oregon" in November. Finally received received a small plastic bag, near the end of January, that in no way could be a queen size quilt. Returned it unopened the next day. It's now May 10th and received no return correspondence or money back. Paypal was no help at all, either by phone or email, partially because the shipper had a shipping label, and when I gave up on PayPal and went to my credit card company, Paypal stopped talking to me. Credit card company got money back from PayPal, but returned it when shown the shipping label, even though it hadn't moved in over 45 days. By the time I returned the merchandise, waited for a refund, that didn't come, the credit card company said it had been too long, and they refused to do anything. Bottom line, no merchandise, no refund, if and the shipping label showed the return.
Login to Me Too

Carolinagrl85
I purchased mine in November and never received it. Can we get our money back somehow?
Login to Me Too

RjM319
Contributor
Contributor

I did, but I had used PayPal. This was 6 months latter when I asked PayPal for a refund. I had forgotten that I had used it. Thanks PayPal!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.