Amelia Quilt purchase

faroutvintage
Contributor
Contributor

I am still waiting for any information about the quilt that I ordered 3 weeks ago so I did a google search about this company and here's what I've found from the Better Business Bureau:  

Amelia Cotton Quilt Co. is a scam, the consumer rating services said Tuesday, and the phony business has been “scamming consumers across the country” during the holidays.

Better Business Bureau’s Pacific Northwest wing has processed hundreds of complaints from consumers who said they bought a cotton quilt but haven’t received anything from the alleged business. More than two dozen reviewers posted comments on the BBB’s website describing losing out on anywhere from $65 to more than $200 in quilts.

There is no business registered with that name or any deviation in the state of Oregon. The business is allegedly connected to a home in Northeast Salem.

How can this place even have a Paypal account to accept payments? I've filed a complaint, but now have to wait to get my money back! 

Login to Me Too
56 REPLIES 56

GeoinCO
Contributor
Contributor
I have had the same issue with Amelia Quilts. Ordered Quilt on Nov. 22nd, finally received DHL tracking that didn't move. The company said they were located in Salem, Oregon, so I couldn't understand DHL, as I know they operate in Europe, and only international shipping in US. I received an email from "Eric Crafta" after I inquired about my order. Apologized for delay. I questioned the DHL shipping, and heard no reply. Yesterday, 01/14/2019, I received another DHL notice with a tracking link I was afraid to click on. When I checked the tracking number it came back as, "not found". These scammers know how to do enough to keep PayPal satisfied, apparently. I gave up on Paypal and filed a dispute with my credit card company. They issued a credit right away while they investigate. So far I have not heard back from them.
Login to Me Too

faroutvintage
Contributor
Contributor

Yesterday, while I was on Facebook, I was shocked to see an add for a Dachshund quilt pop up in my newsfeed! I immediately reported it to FB as a scam ad. Then I searched for "quilts" in my FB search bar and found that many people are reporting this scam to Facebook, but nothing is being done. The scammers are using so many different company names that FB can't keep up with them. There are complaints dating back to October 2018 just before the holidays and maybe even before.  

Login to Me Too

GeoinCO
Contributor
Contributor
Update. I started receiving DHL tracking again, last one on December 12th. Actually received a plastic bag package from Shanghai, on January 17 the. Not large enough to be a queen size quilt I ordered on November 17, 2018. I went to local post office and said I refuse this, and return to sender, which they said I could do since I hadn't opened it. We'll see what happens next.
Login to Me Too

Tsutton63
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem: ordered 2 quilts (2 separate orders) on Nov 20 and 21, 2018.  After waiting for about 3 weeks I logged complaints with PayPal.  I had to wait a few more weeks while PayPal researched the matter (they attempted to contact the vendor and get a reply from them since I never could get a direct reply).  Then, first of January I called PayPal directly and the customer service rep did a little further research while I waited on the phone.  She came back online and immediately refunded one of the orders (agreed they also got no vendor response on that one) but said they had heard from vendor on other one and were waiting for more shipping info.  I immediately saw my refund on the one order and waited a few more days on the other one.  The next week I received the quilt from the order that PayPal refunded me!  And the week after that I received the quilt from the order that they were still researching.  So both my orders were fulfilled by Jan 19 (it took about 8 weeks).  So it appears this Chinese company takes a LONG time to fulfill orders and they don't ever respond directly to customer inquiries.  But they do appear to act when PayPal complaints are filed...each time I contacted PayPal whether thru online complaint or by phone, the shipping tracking info got updated.  As for the products, I am happy with the designs that look exactly as they did on Facebook and the website (when those links were still available).  I ordered both quilts (Pug and Hiking) in Queen size and you can see from the  Hiking quilt pic that they are too small for a queen size bed.  They'd probably fit a full and definitely fit a twin.  But they aren't tiny as others have reported. 

So I can't recommend buying from this vendor but I am happy with the ultimate resolution I got. 

Pug quilt queen sizePug quilt queen sizeHiking quilt queen sizeHiking quilt queen size   

Login to Me Too

JannahT
Contributor
Contributor
I too want to know if PayPal credited anyone for this scam. On other websites I was told that credit cards credited for this scam. I would have thought PayPal would have as well. Is PayPal’s stance if you get the products too bad for you.
Login to Me Too

Beckydlany
Contributor
Contributor
Some did but they refused me and closed my dispute. They scammed me and enabled these scam companies. It’s been a joke and Paypal not making it right.
Login to Me Too

Gkaufdude
Contributor
Contributor
I had a claim in since Dec 8 for two quilts I ordered the end of Nov. I received one queen sized quilt on Jan 16 that was acceptable but definitely not worth the $60 I paid. PayPay removed the second quilt charge today after I did not receive it. I used PayPay charge and I am happy with their response to this issue.
Login to Me Too

deb2424
Contributor
Contributor
You are very lucky to have gotten anything!
Login to Me Too

Traci1970
Contributor
Contributor
I got a invalid DHL Tracking after filing disputewithpaypal, let case close now I am out $100
Login to Me Too

Luckton
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a quilt back in November, and experienced all the same and similar issues that people had here: lame or little response from CS@ecrafta, tracking numbers not working or showing stuff coming from China, etc.

I went back and forth with ecrafta for the last two months. I learned through an article at the Oregonian (https://www.oregonlive.com/business/2018/12/quilt-company-with-salem-address-is-scam-better-business...) that the company is a sham. I opened a claim with PayPal last week, explaining all of my email convos with eCrafta, and I referenced the news article and this very thread about how people were being taken for rides with the seller. All eCrafta responded with was the DHL tracker number, showing my alleged quilt was coming from China, dated 12/27/18. It does not take more than 30 days to get something from China to here.

Today I received an email from PayPal siding in my favor, and my money was deposited back into my account. I encourage everyone here that's had a bad experience with Amelia/eCrafta to push the issue with PayPal and reference this thread and the news article. This seller must be stopped.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.