Amelia Quilt purchase

faroutvintage
Contributor
Contributor

I am still waiting for any information about the quilt that I ordered 3 weeks ago so I did a google search about this company and here's what I've found from the Better Business Bureau:  

Amelia Cotton Quilt Co. is a scam, the consumer rating services said Tuesday, and the phony business has been “scamming consumers across the country” during the holidays.

Better Business Bureau’s Pacific Northwest wing has processed hundreds of complaints from consumers who said they bought a cotton quilt but haven’t received anything from the alleged business. More than two dozen reviewers posted comments on the BBB’s website describing losing out on anywhere from $65 to more than $200 in quilts.

There is no business registered with that name or any deviation in the state of Oregon. The business is allegedly connected to a home in Northeast Salem.

How can this place even have a Paypal account to accept payments? I've filed a complaint, but now have to wait to get my money back! 

Login to Me Too
56 REPLIES 56

Texas952
Contributor
Contributor
vickie55, I'm really glad you received your quilt and are happy with it. It has been three and a half weeks since they told me mine was completed, ready for shipment, and they would send me an email with the tracking g number, which I have never received. They also said the quilts would be shipped 5-7 days after completion, plus you can't contact them because the website is shut down. Montano, hood luck with your credit card. I just went through the exact same thing with a shaver I ordered from Flawless. They also fave zero individual action they were in China and advertised free returns. Both iteyI ordered were defective and they said I had to pay to send them back for a refund, this even their website said free returns. The postage was nearly as much as what I ordered. I filed a dispute with my credit card and they refused to do anything unless I returned the items at my expense. Why would I pay $40 to get a $45 refund. I hope your experience is better. At this point I just want my money back for the quilt, which was supposed to be a Christmas gift.
Login to Me Too

bobjudy53
Contributor
Contributor

I have experienced the same issues with this seller as so many others and it got me to thinking.  Since paypal is so unresponsive to our problems with this seller, should we file a class action lawsuit against paypal?  If anyone's interested, I'll be good to look into it.  We may not recoup much of our loss, but it would hold paypal's feet to the fire.

Login to Me Too

faroutvintage
Contributor
Contributor

Just to update everyone on my quilt purchase:  My complaint was filed on December 22 and Paypal ruled in my favor and I received a credit over a week ago. Today I received an email from Paypal  that Printabel Label Co. has sent a tracking number for DHL Global Mail.....WHAT A JOKE! Ofcourse, the number is bogus. Somebody is having a really good time with this scam. Why doesn't Paypal just stop them already!?

Login to Me Too

442OLDS
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happened to me.I got an email yesterday with a bogus tracking number.Somebody is really going through the motions on this huge scam.
Login to Me Too

wolfman6
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased 2 quilts, received 1 the size of a doormat, thin and badly printed, but did not receive the second one. Paypal won't even acknowledge that I did not receive 1 - I should get fully reimbursed for that - but they expect me to return the one I did receive. I have spoken to them and discovered two things that everyone here should know: 1) the whole dispute process is done by computer, which follows a set of rules - no human being even looks at your case, and 2) the customer service people are all foreign (India and Mexico most likely) and if you ask for a supervisor, they just pass you to someone else. I got one of them to admit that there are no supervisors and they will tell you that Paypal HQ does not have phones! Basically, they are not allowed to give out any phone numbers. Of course, these people are following a script as well. I told them I am not spending $25 to send this rag to HONG KONG, which is probably a fake address as well. All they would say is that they would email the seller and ask them to reimburse the $25 as a courtesy. Like that's going to happen?!?!?!?! So now they have closed my case in favor of the seller because I won't send this piece of **bleep** back to HONG KONG! They don't care that it's a scam, that the addresses are fake, etc. I sent information from the BBB. They just don't care! But they are NOT going to keep my $95, I'll tell you that. Just ask Dell - I got ahold of the email and phone numbers of the executive board there when I had a problem with one of their Indian customer service people and I contacted every single one of them! I got satisfaction then and I will with Paypal if I have to go the ends of the Earth! This is NOT over!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Thequeenofila
Contributor
Contributor

When I spoke to a rep with paypal, she was most definitely an American and we chatted about the company and how paypal was well aware of their scamming techniques and assured me that it was not accepting transactions from them anymore.  Albeit, I have not received anything, no order, no refund and they have until the 23rd to resolve it.  At that time if I have not been refunded my money, I will indeed get really ugly about this and my romance with paypal will come to an end.  I still feel that both Paypal and FB share in the responsibility.  Anyone else out their feel this way.  I think if we band together in numbers, perhaps they will get the message.  We trusted paypal to take care of our purchases....if they don't we will do something as a group.

Login to Me Too

wolfman6
Contributor
Contributor

Maybe we should start a class action lawsuit. I'm game. I hate these big **bleep** companies who treat customers like **bleep** and won't take care of them. **bleep** 'em. Let them deal with legal fees!

Login to Me Too

442OLDS
Contributor
Contributor

Class Action lawsuit is a great idea,but I think this scam has origins out of the country.Pretty hard to sue a company or person in another country.

Login to Me Too

deb2424
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal is in the USA. Dan Sulamun is the CEO.
Login to Me Too

deb2424
Contributor
Contributor
I am with you! I'm done being **bleep** over. I'll find a way to contact the ceo, the chairman, and the board! John Donahoe is the chairman I believe and Don Schulman us CEO.....and .....go!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.