Amelia Quilt purchase

faroutvintage
Contributor
Contributor

I am still waiting for any information about the quilt that I ordered 3 weeks ago so I did a google search about this company and here's what I've found from the Better Business Bureau:  

Amelia Cotton Quilt Co. is a scam, the consumer rating services said Tuesday, and the phony business has been “scamming consumers across the country” during the holidays.

Better Business Bureau’s Pacific Northwest wing has processed hundreds of complaints from consumers who said they bought a cotton quilt but haven’t received anything from the alleged business. More than two dozen reviewers posted comments on the BBB’s website describing losing out on anywhere from $65 to more than $200 in quilts.

There is no business registered with that name or any deviation in the state of Oregon. The business is allegedly connected to a home in Northeast Salem.

How can this place even have a Paypal account to accept payments? I've filed a complaint, but now have to wait to get my money back! 

Login to Me Too
56 REPLIES 56

LADIBLUEMOON
Contributor
Contributor

I actually phoned them to explain it all to a human being in addition to placing a dispute/claim on the paypal site ... I will let you know the outcome, and I recommend you call as well. They say the squeaky wheel gets the grease lol... and I am not going to go down quietly on this. My 3 quilts were all one one purchase... but I would surely think if Paypal checked their own community forum, they would see this is a scam company and would care about their members (us) and back us with the buyer protection. Let us know what ends up happening and best of luck!

Login to Me Too

faroutvintage
Contributor
Contributor

I just received a notice from Paypal that they ruled in my favor regarding my case and I will be getting a credit for my purchase. I used a credit card so the money will be refunded to my card. I will not be purchasing anything off Facebook ever again! 

Login to Me Too

Thequeenofila
Contributor
Contributor

I TOO ACTUALLY TALKED WITH A PAYPAL REP.  SHE WAS WELL AWARE OF THE SCAM AND SAID THERE WERE MANY COMPLAINTS AND THEY WERE NOT ACCEPTING ANY MONEY FOR THEM.  I AM HOPEFUL I GET MY MONEY REFUNDED.  IT IS IN THE WORKS.

Login to Me Too

deb2424
Contributor
Contributor

I am going to contact them....then I will start a class action law suit for all of us against  pay pal. This is obviously a scam and both facebook {where I first found it}, and pay pal needs to be be safe. That is why I used pay pal and next time I will use Amazon! They will stand behind there commitment to it's users! I am at this moment on hold with a customer rep from pay pal, I waited 1 and 1/2 hours to get a person. let's see what happens. I have one of the  tracking numbers, {although they said they shipped it once already and didn't} for a king size quilt. I will set up a facebook page under AmeliaQuiltspaypallawsuit if I am not refunded and get a piece of crap! And I'm contacting T.V.  stations and more if needed.

Well they said to wait and see what happens with my tracking number. I will see what I get from them. I will give it a week and call back. I will follow up on this site with any new information.  Pay pal told me to refuse it, if I could catch the delivery guy! Then, when the tracking number shows it's been returned, I get refunded. Man I pray I catch the delivery guy! I can't use the tracking number so I don't know when it's coming. And it just keeps going......to be continued.

Login to Me Too

442OLDS
Contributor
Contributor

This is so disturbing.You would think that Pay Pal would read there very own message boards! I have the same problem.STILL waiting for Pay Pal to review this.Tons of info on the internet about Amelia Quilt.Pretty obvious now that it was a HUGE scam.Maybe Facebook was involved in the scam too by constantly running advertisements!

This should be all over the news instead of all of the other crap that is constantly reported.

Login to Me Too

Thequeenofila
Contributor
Contributor

I AM WAITING ALSO FOR A RESOLUTION FOR THE AMELIA QUILT PURCHASE...MY FIRST PROBLEM IS THAT FB ACCEPTS THESE FRAUDULANT ADS.  ARE THEY NOT IN ENOUGH TROUBLE?  I AM CURRENTLY IN A BOYCOTT GROUP OF FB.  

AS A BIG USER OF PAYPAL, I AM HOPING TO GET MY CHARGES REVERSED....OTHERWISE, I WILL NOT USE THEM AGAIN.  

SO....MUST I CONTINUE TO CONTACT THEM?  I HAVE NOTHING AT THIS POINT BUT EMAILS FROM EMMA COTTON ET AL AND I AM OUT ALMOST A HUNDRED BUCKS.  MY STRESS WITH ALL THIS CRAP IS RUNNING RAMPANT.  

Login to Me Too

musicmom4
New Community Member

I too am out money but I paid with a credit card.  The Amelia Quilt company used Paypal.  I did not use my credit card through my paypal account but they processed it through their Paypal account.  I can find nothing here that tells me how to file a complaint about this seller or how to apply for a credit as I have not received anything I purchased.  Do you have any advice besides spending time on the phone?  Or is that the best option?

Login to Me Too

faroutvintage
Contributor
Contributor

If you paid by credit card, file a complaint with your credit card company and say that you never received the item you ordered.

Login to Me Too

Thequeenofila
Contributor
Contributor

I have a claim pending with Paypal for the two quilts I ordered and did not receive.  No tracking number either.  I believe I can move forward soon as I filed before Christmas.  

Login to Me Too

Texas952
Contributor
Contributor
vickie55, I'm really glad you received your quilt and are happy with it. It has been three and a half weeks si ce they told me mine was completed, ready for shipment, and they would send me an email with the tracking g number, which I have never received. They also said the quilts would be shipped 5-7 days after completion, plus you can't contact them because the website is shut down. Montano, hood luck with your credit card. I just went through the exact same thing with a shaver I ordered from Flawless. They also fave zero individual action they were in China and advertised free returns. Both iteyI ordered were defective and they said I had to pay to send them back for a refund, this even their website said free returns. The postage was nearly as much as what I ordered. I filed a dispute with my credit card and they refused to do anything unless I returned the items at my expense. Why would I pay $40 to get a $45 refund. I hope your experience is better. At this point I just want my money back for the quilt, which was supposed to be a Christmas gift.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.