Amelia Quilt purchase

faroutvintage
Contributor
Contributor

I am still waiting for any information about the quilt that I ordered 3 weeks ago so I did a google search about this company and here's what I've found from the Better Business Bureau:  

Amelia Cotton Quilt Co. is a scam, the consumer rating services said Tuesday, and the phony business has been “scamming consumers across the country” during the holidays.

Better Business Bureau’s Pacific Northwest wing has processed hundreds of complaints from consumers who said they bought a cotton quilt but haven’t received anything from the alleged business. More than two dozen reviewers posted comments on the BBB’s website describing losing out on anywhere from $65 to more than $200 in quilts.

There is no business registered with that name or any deviation in the state of Oregon. The business is allegedly connected to a home in Northeast Salem.

How can this place even have a Paypal account to accept payments? I've filed a complaint, but now have to wait to get my money back! 

Login to Me Too
56 REPLIES 56

Thequeenofila
Contributor
Contributor

No....I ended up getting the two crappy quilts....and they are crappy indeed.  I saw a similar one at Goodwill.  Must be some other suckers here in my area.  I think they are back at it on FB.  Different name but same claims and different patterns.  I would think FB would not allow this!  I would have much rather given the money to charity than get that junk!

Login to Me Too

deb2424
Contributor
Contributor
I disconnected my paypal as I am worried about identity fraud!
Login to Me Too

LADIBLUEMOON
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a king and 2 twin quilts, totaling over 150 and they also gave paypal a tracking #... and the item delivered was a 2 foot by 3 foot joke. It is too small for my dog bed... I have been a paypal member since its inception and I fully expect my money back from Paypal. This was not the item ordered, it was not the item as described and it was no where near the king, and 2 twin quilts I paid for. If paypal doesn't protect us from this, I will be shocked. I will also make sure I take any and all avenues available to me to ensure I get my money back. Right now my issue is still "in dispute" and I am awaiting a call back from paypal as the hold time was close to an hour. I have all the documentation, screen shots, pictures etc. This is a classic scam that I unfortunately (as did many) fell victim to. Isnt this what buyer protection is supposed to protect us from??

Login to Me Too

442OLDS
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a way that I could get a copy of your screenshots? Did you order the Dachshund quilt?

Login to Me Too

LADIBLUEMOON
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered cat quilts. one king and 2 twins... I ripoff2.jpgrec'd a dog bed size thing lol

Login to Me Too

deb2424
Contributor
Contributor
I fought and callwd and spent hours and hours pf my time for paypal to side with the seller of a quilt I never got. It's called money laundering and I'm calling a lawyer.
Login to Me Too

shannon120

They give you a fake tracking number and it says it's from DHL ecommerce.  The date on mine said Jan 10 but nothing thereafter.  It's all a scam!  Paypal must know by now with as many complaints as they have received from us!

Login to Me Too

Thequeenofila
Contributor
Contributor

GOT A TRACKING NUMBER AFTER FILING A DISPUTE.....GOT THE CRAP....NOT EVEN CLOSE TO WHAT WAS ADVERTISED AND OF COURSE PAYPAL DENIED MY CLAIM.  GUESS WE CANNOT COUNT OF THEM!

Login to Me Too

Traci1970
Contributor
Contributor
Same here, fake tracking number and all. Out over $100 bucks because of it
Login to Me Too

patfarm
Contributor
Contributor

My problem is...paypal refunded one of my transactions and not the other...they sided with amelia quilt.....How can that be???  I am disputing again on the one the declined to pay

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.