Amde Store scam on Facebook

Chunk64
Contributor
Contributor

I was just wondering if anyone out there has also been scammed by Amde Store who were advertising their products on Facebook but when you receive the actual item it is clearly significantly not as described but PayPal don't want to refund me! Thank you.

Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

Gerbra75
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal said they'd refund me if I returned the items to the seller.  I've just been to the post office and been quoted $22 to return the items.  Not worth it so I guess I just have to put up with being ripped off!!!  Makes me VERY wary and annoyed that I got sucked in with Amde Store.

Login to Me Too

Gerbra75
Contributor
Contributor

Oh and if you google Amde Store we are certainly not alone!!  I'd say hundreds of people have been scammed!!

Login to Me Too

Searabbit
Contributor
Contributor

Actually dealing with same issue and asked for a return label that has been refused!!  Just back from post office where I was asked for 101.CAD for returning the 3 pieces of stinky plastic they sent me for a wonderful 55$USD!!  Paypal offered to pay back 30$ on the return shipping cost, what isn't covering even my initial paiement for disgusting and inaccurate items..  I'm very disappointed by Paypal not acting more diligently toward this company who is obviously counting on this excessive shipping cost to keep our money. I'm really not interested to pay the price it cost me to have not even the equivalent return.. what a joke!

Login to Me Too

Chunk64
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry to hear that you have also been scammed. Even when PayPal told me their decision was final and could not be changed I still went back at them and it helped being able to show the two items side by side to confirm that it was clearly not as described and I asked them how they could say the item I had received was not 'significantly not as described'. That was my case I was pushing all along that the item I had received was not handmade using the art of needle felting and neither was it made of 100% merino wool. I said that PayPal were just as bad as Amde Store because they were allowing companies like Amde Store to scam so many people who used PayPal to pay because, like me, they thought they had some protection from PayPal against scams like this. PayPal did change their decision and refunded me and apologised that it had happened. I hope you are successful in your battle with them. The shameful thing is that Amde Store are still trading and so still conning people like us. I do hope PayPal are not allowing this scam company's latest 'victims' to pay via PayPal anymore. If they are, then they too are in on the scam because it would seem that as long as Amde Store are paying their PayPal fees then PayPal are happy to take the money which is totally wrong.
Login to Me Too

Chunk64
Contributor
Contributor
I refused to give in with this one as I did not agree with PayPal's conclusion that the item I received was as described and I was finally able to upload images so that they could see that it was 'significantly not as described' and I have since received a refund from PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Gerbra75
Contributor
Contributor
So you didn’t have to return the rubbish products you received?? That’s good to know. PayPal’s disputes method is extremely difficult to use.
Login to Me Too

MrsJack
Contributor
Contributor

Seems I'm in the same boat as everyone else. I've just been refused my claim for 2 of these kittens- because Paypal said there's no significant difference. How do they know if I can't send pictures? Would love advice as to how I send them the pictures. Very disappointed in Paypal. This may be my last transaction with them- because they are allowing this company to commit fraud. 

Login to Me Too

rlousteau
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone, I called customer service directly a[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]and they re-opened the claim and refunded me. When they say it's a final decision it is not truly final. Just call the number and keep saying 'operator' until you get a real person! (Be aware that this is not a toll free number if you pay for long distance by the minute.)

If you STILL have trouble (which I don't think you will), the next step is to contact the Paypal litigation department. You can send them pictures to prove that the refund should be covered under the Buyer Protection because the items are "Significantly Not as Described." I could not find an email for them, but the address is Attn: Litigation Department, Re: Notice of Dispute, <removed>, San Jose, CA 95131. Surely a sane person opens the mail at that address. 

Login to Me Too

Searabbit
Contributor
Contributor

I guess this will be my next step if ever I find the energy to argue and prove my point.  I have photos of the items, but I threw them and the box in garbage after going to post office and been ask for 101$CAD for return with a tracking number.  I was ok with returning to get a refund but not at my expenses and surely not at this price.  I wrote three more times to Paypal about this but still receive the same message asking for tracking number.  It is like no one is reading my mails anymore.. I'm really not happy about this situation!.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.