Amazon review refund via PayPal payment

Pallu
Contributor
Contributor

Recently I have been contacted on Facebook to review products on Amazon in return for full refund on PayPal. I have given my honest reviews and received refund via buyer protection. I am a bit skeptical that it might be a scam as they can claim a refund within 180 days. Is there any way of protecting myself ? Any suggestions would be highly appreciated

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

Jon4ever
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, you have a valid point.

i did not think of the 180 day refund. 

but how can paypal simply take money out of one's account and pay whoever is asking ?

Login to Me Too

Memphismama1
Contributor
Contributor
I have a seller who is now taking back all of their refunds. Plus Paypal is charging me 15.99 per transaction. I filed disputes and provided evidence. Paypal still sided with them.
Login to Me Too

Jon4ever
Contributor
Contributor
Don't keep any balance in PayPal account. Where will they take money from in that case ? Also, you can return all that you bought, talk to amazon if it's out of the return time frame.
Login to Me Too

Pallu
Contributor
Contributor
Would Amazon block your account as I understand it’s a breach of their terms to give biased reviews
Login to Me Too

PlantParade
Contributor
Contributor
I told them my return window is up, but all they did was side with the Amazon seller and said that he paid for an item that I did not send!!! INFURIATED
Login to Me Too

jolee90
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone gotten a 1099 form because of all the refunds? 

Login to Me Too

Temp20211016b
Contributor
Contributor
Yes,I received.Are you filing that ?
Login to Me Too

jolee90
Contributor
Contributor
I’m not sure what to do... I was hoping someone would have an answer or advice.
Login to Me Too

Temp20211016b
Contributor
Contributor

I am not filing that because that is not my income and that is only refund on products i bought from amazon so no need to file,what do u think ?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.