Amazon review refund via PayPal payment

Pallu
Contributor
Contributor

Recently I have been contacted on Facebook to review products on Amazon in return for full refund on PayPal. I have given my honest reviews and received refund via buyer protection. I am a bit skeptical that it might be a scam as they can claim a refund within 180 days. Is there any way of protecting myself ? Any suggestions would be highly appreciated

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

PlantParade
Contributor
Contributor
THIS IS COMPLETE BULL CRAP! I AM STICKING TO CASHAPP FROM NOW ON! PAYPAL IS A BUNCH OF THEIVES! BEWARE! THEY ARE JUST AS BAD AS THE SCUM WHO ARE GETTING REFUNDS FOR PRODUCT REIMBURSEMENTS FOR REVIEWS THEY PAID FOR!!!
Login to Me Too

Temp20211016b
Contributor
Contributor

Ya,I will also not use this pp service from now because they unnecessarily sent me 1099 on 4600 dollars and now i have to deal with this all **bleep**t.

Login to Me Too

PlantParade
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal not only just took $123 out of my account and gave it to the scummy amazon scammer who said I never sent HIM HIS ITEM ORDERED!!!! BUT PAYPAL ALSO FINED ME OVER $15 FOR THE DISPUTE!!!! I AM SO UPSET
Login to Me Too

Chrissy143

Hello, 

I am also being asked to review items from Amazon and then am told by third party sellers that the money will be sent to pay pal. 

These people use whatsapp to communicate- the money has been sent but I am nervous that they will take back the money and tell paypal they never received the item I sold (even though they are the ones who paid me)

I was told by Paypal that if the person sends a personal payment then they cannot dispute the charge. I am still skeptical as I am reading multiple reviews. Did they send it to you as a personal payment?

Login to Me Too

sing808
Contributor
Contributor

The same thing happened to me. I provided all evidence and PayPal sided with the buyer. I advise anyone who is thinking about taking payment via PayPal should stop and think again.

Login to Me Too

Pallu
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Sing Did you had balance in PayPal ? I am not keeping balance in PayPal from them to stop taking money in a situation like this but wondering if they can still do something. Thanks
Login to Me Too

sing808
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Pallu, I had balance. If you don't have a balance, I think PayPal can redraw it from your linked accounts. They can also keep a negative balance on your account. The next time you receive money, it will balance it out. They can also send you a mail/bill to request you to pay up just like a bank. So I don't think keeping a zero balance can protect you. Just don't use PayPal to receive payments because of its 180 days refund policy and buyer always wins.

Login to Me Too

PlantParade
Contributor
Contributor
I am being Scammed for the same thing right now and PayPal just decided in favor of the amazon seller.... even with documentation of them asking for the review and me giving it to them, and then them paying me through paypal. They waited since November to file a dispute and it is now the end of February! COMPLETE FRAUD
Login to Me Too

taurustravels
New Community Member

yes, this did this to me just before the 6 month mark and i had changed accounts so didn't have proof that i left reviews

Login to Me Too

blurrpdfyg
New Community Member

Take screenshots of everything and submit it to paypal. More documentation means better chances for you

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.